Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is using the incomplete order email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hanzoswords
    replied
    I have the luxury of good margins so coupons are great for me. I have been kicking ass since offering buy one item get one half off. I more than break even on the 2nd item and my average ticket and profit per sale has gone up dramatically since doing this.

Leave a comment:

• kem
    replied
    We are also careful with coupons. Unless we want to raise our prices, the coupons can really cut into our margin. I know that many "experts" on economy shopping recommend that the consumer call and ask for coupons. And, they claim that if the consumer calls, they will receive a discount or coupon. So, in reaction, the retailer will raise their prices. (We don't do that nor do we give coupons for phone calls.) The more profitable stores (amazon, etc.) don't offer discounts on everything in the store because they don't want discounts to be the norm.

If a coupon is sent every time a cart is abandoned, customers are smart enough to abandon carts and wait for the coupon. And, tell their friends.

Leave a comment:

• bzeltzer
    replied
    i'd caution against using a coupon in the autoscript. I've been using the it for a while and have found that a number of people receive the email after they've already made a purchase. It's likely that they've just added the item to the cart in two separate browsers or cleared their cookies in between browsing and purchasing. You might find people asking for the coupon discount after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• wcsjohn
    replied
    Using coupons, especially one's that get out on coupon sites also trains your customers to expect and use coupons at your store.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution
    replied
    Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
    What is wrong with it getting out to a coupon site?
    Sales are sales, if they are proting a coupon for you what is your logic on that being a problem?
    The site I manage here has some products that have a very tight margin. Coupon codes are generated and exclude items from certain manufacturers and those terms are identified when the coupons are issued.

Coupon sites don't identify this so when a coupon ends up there the shop gets complaints or questions about why a coupon isn't working.

So, it boils down to an administrative issue, not just a matter of making a sale.

Leave a comment:

• hanzoswords
    replied
    What is wrong with it getting out to a coupon site?
    Sales are sales, if they are proting a coupon for you what is your logic on that being a problem?

Leave a comment:

• Evolution
    replied
    Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
    I started using coupon codes with this email we set it to send after 4 hours. I looked at the stats today and see the coupon code was used 114 times so obviously its working. I give a 10 percent off code.
    I thought about including a coupon code in my email but have reservations about the code getting out to some of the coupon/code sites.

Ideally what I would like would be a randomly generated, single use coupon generated by the email but that functionality isn't available.

Leave a comment:

• hanzoswords
    replied
    I started using coupon codes with this email we set it to send after 4 hours. I looked at the stats today and see the coupon code was used 114 times so obviously its working. I give a 10 percent off code.

Leave a comment:

• cashmore
    replied
    As an update, we are getting about a 20% conversion rate on people we have sent these incomplete order emails to.

Leave a comment:

• Miked
    replied
    We also just started trying to get folks to complete their orders by sending them a message. We have not yet resorted to offering coupons and have had some limited success in convincing folks to finish.

One thing we have discovered in this process is that it opens a personal line of communication between once strangers. This is a good tool.

The other thing we discovered is that a certain portion of the customers gave up and left their carts because of errors. Specifically, if they tried to do us a favor and enter their zip+4, they get an error message stating something to the effect that they entered 10 characters and it is not allowed.

I turned in a trouble ticket about this but have any of you found a fix for this bug?

Leave a comment:

• cashmore
    replied
    Here is the text of our incomplete orders email. Anyone else?
    Thanks for your interest in [store_name]!

Dear [ofirstname] [olastname],

We noticed that you recently visited our store, but did not complete your order.

Did you have any problems placing your order? Is there is anything we can do to help make your shopping experience better?

If you would like to continue this order click here.

If I can personally help you in any way, please let me know and I will do my best to address any issues or concerns you might have.

Thanks for your feedback. We look forward to serving you soon!

Charlie Ashmore
    [store_name].

Order Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[itemid] [itemname] [unitprice] x [numitems] [itemsubtotal]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to resume your order

Cherryville Nutrition Center [address1] [address2]
    [city], [state] [zip] Canada
    Phone toll free: [phone1]
    Fax toll free: [store_fax]

Leave a comment:

• lml
    replied
    We've just started using it & I would call it successful...for us.
    I reworded the subject to: Order Completion Discount at <<<store name>>>

Leave a comment:

• cashmore
    replied
    I jut started using that automatic email for incomplete orders a couple of weeks ago. I modified the stock email quite a bit. I have not seen any results from this yet. Most of the incomplete orders were abandoned in step 1, so I don't have an email address to send to.

Leave a comment:

• DaveW
    replied
    We are using it as well, with the stock email.

It has resulted in a few conversions and a few conversations with potential customers so we are happy.

I am not sure how far into the checkout process they have to go, but we seem to only get a few email addresses collected and getting the emails.

DaveW

Leave a comment:

• Luxlife
    replied
    We have not had time to really give it any thought but the stock email has been a positive for us. It has led to a couple of sales and some communication with potential customers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X