Change "on_sale.png" for a new sale-tag graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change "on_sale.png" for a new sale-tag graphic

The file resides in the untouchable templates/common folder. I've tried adding replacements to the template folder to no avail. Anyone know a workaround for customizing that graphic?

It's not untouchable through FTP at least for us. I've added and changed pics in the file

web/assets/templates/common/images/

you can delete it and replace it there

Comment

Nope. "550 access denied" Seems like there would be a way to change those files... Tried putting replacement in accessible folders in case it would defer. No luck.
      Last edited by jmw; 12-10-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

As far as I know all store levels should have access to the web folder files and specifically the common folder. I've seen many replies from 3d guys here to go there to get this or that.

I checked admin and see no settings.

I'd call support. It sounds like a setting on their side. You need access the those files to get new upgrades if you've modified your existing templates to.

If you don't have access for some reason you would upload to a folder you can use and have to change the image target in you template/s
        Last edited by mondo; 12-10-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I think somewhat recently, the access levels have changed and we can't access certain files anymore. Also, if you change something in the common folder it will just get overwrittern anyway. Also, the file in the "default" images directory will also be over written. For example, if you change the "deafult" image, it will be overwritten on the next code revision.

Comment

Also, if you change something in the common folder it will just get overwrittern anyway. Also, the file in the "default" images directory will also be over written. For example, if you change the "default" image, it will be overwritten on the next code revision.
            True if you change files in there you need to make a copy to put in your template file.
            I hadn't thought of that for pics. I've added several (but with their own name) and they are still there after the last upgrade. I don't think I swapped any out.

Comment

right. Only stock named items will be overwritten. So, if you want to use different stock images, you will need to reformat your template to call different images (names or locations) or do other work so "default" images will remain across new releases.

Comment

Guess that does make sense. Though I do on occasion replace them my basic habit From our other platform is to just name them the same but add a # to it. Makes it easy to remember the original and its still there if needed.
                I.E.
                Default:go.gif
                New go2.gif

then add the # to the call out code

Comment

Working...
                X