Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add multiple item style to cart, but stay on Product Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add multiple item style to cart, but stay on Product Page?

I've been thinking a lot about the customer's experience while they shop. Especially in an apparel online store.

Let say, you were purchasing an item that comes in Mens and Womens (like socks, pullovers, caps...) and various array of sizes/colors.

I like the idea of choosing a women's small/blue cap, adding it to the cart, then without leaving the product page, selecting a man's large charcoal version and adding it to the cart. After each purchase the (Items in your cart/total $0.00) would update and allow you to view cart, but not bounce you out to the cart.

Can this be done in 3Dcart? The Old Navy site does a nice job. A mini 'cart view' pops down from the header after each addition. That would be darn cool to have...

I'm guessing I'm not the first person to consider this option. Is anyone using it or have considered it?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Hi brendang,

You have the option under SETTINGS > GENERAL > STORE SETTINGS to enable/disable VIEW CART. By enabling this customers will be taken directly to the View Cart page by adding an item to the cart. If you disable this then when the customer adds the item to the cart the site will remain on the same page and update the items in cart, subtotal and the shopping cart if you have this as part of your design.

Comment

Sorry for the delay replying. Thanks Jim.
      I'm still not sure that globally, this is a good thing. But for some categories, it would be great.

Brendan G.

Comment

Working...
      X