Need Feedback Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Feedback Please

We have been working on our new site www.jpwgems.com for about two month, and opened it up for business just about a week ago. I was hoping I could get some feedback on its look, and function. Please point out any positive things you see, and any negative. I thank you in advance for your help.
    Jimmy

Hey James welcome

I think it may be to late to say that your titles are to long. Both Google and eBay will not be your friend.

As always nice logo on your jewelry site.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
      Hey James welcome

I think it may be to late to say that your titles are to long. Both Google and eBay will not be your friend.

As always nice logo on your jewelry site.
      The site looks nice, but I agree, many of the product titles are way too long. Just put in the very basic info for the name (title) of the product and let the product description do it's job.

Also, with that many manufacturers, it may be worth putting the list into a drop-down selector (borrowing the drop-down code from another 3D template).

Comment

I find the fonts a little small should be able to sit back in your computer chair 2 feet or so and easily be able to read the page.
        jeff
        http://www.canadianghosthuntersupplies.ca

Comment

Definitely need to hijack the drop menu for manufacturers from another template (WAY to deep into your site). I would also suggest putting in a header (Home Page) banner. Too much Text can be a REALLY bad thing. For example, all of the text is informational to you, but may look too tedious to read for a customer. You can keep all of the same information you already have, you just need to add some more pictures to break things up and give the customer something more to look at.

Comment

1)Your stuff is fairly high dollar. Your sub cats are mostly Mfgs. I think you really need to put Mfg logos for the sub categories when they click on a cat then dump the brands list completely. Maybe change it to a link that goes to a brand list page w/links to them.

2) you have several cats with only one subcat. you might remove the one sub so they go straight to the cat.

3) Yes the titles. The first few words are most important for placement search (SEO) and they take up valuable real estate. Charming, marvelous, etc. are not search words and should be in the description. Brand new should be a given. If used include that.

Example:
            FPJ Marvelous Brand New High quality Ring With Precious Stones - Genuine Ruby, Sapphires and Tsavorite Garnet Beautifully Crafted in 14K White Gold

Instead:
            FPJ 14k White gold ring with precious stones.

4) We are redesigning using the same template but changed the middle bar to complement the site colors better and changed the headers fonts pics to match our logo font. Made a big difference. See it here

http://www.stitchersstuff.com
            Last edited by mondo; 01-19-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

The category's are under some changes right now, but all where good suggestions, and I am trying to cut them down. I do want to ask if the brands where in a drop down would it be as good for seo? I for sure agree about the titles, and images on sub-category's, the titles however will take a longtime as we have almost 20k items, and are still trying to get the look right on our site now. Thank you for all your help please keep the feedback comming.
              Jimmy

Comment

Working...
              X