2nd Set of Nav Menu's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Set of Nav Menu's?

How do you add a 2nd set of menu's to the left hand side below the standard category menu's?

Are you talking about Sub-cats under the Selected Main-cat menu, or a complete new seperate menu?

Comment

A complete separate menu.

Comment

You will need to hand code and or add your own from a 3rdparty.
        Warm up your engine, go google!
        Clayton
        Go Live Industries

Comment

As Go Live stated, that may be the case. But lets do some further investigation first. Is it a Single Level Menu that you want?

(example)
          >option 1
          >option 2
          >option 3
          >option 4

Or do you also want to have sub levels of the menu within the left hand navigation? There may be a chance that you can use what 3dcart already has...., just in a different manner.

Comment

Yes, Right now I have Products and then the categories. Under that section I want to list Information and then have links to pages within the site.

I am moving from Volusion and it had many Pre-Set Nav Menu's but it looks like 3D only has one.

Comment

Take a look at my site and see if my Additional Info portion in the right nav is what you are talking about. http://www.glowexpress.com

Comment

Yes, That is exactly what I am trying to do.

Comment

All of this information was initially (Menu Links) under settings:design:site content. I duplicated the Menu Links as Extra Pages, hid the Menu Links and made the Extra Page viewable instead. This took them from the top nav and put them in the left nav. And if its not there on your template you should be able to use Drag and Drop editing to get the extra page links there.

Comment

My menu links are at the bottom on the page and drop and drag covers the links and I cant drag them.

Comment

There are some default "Extra Pages" under site content. If you uncheck the hide box for your "Thank You" page (which should be a default) where does it show up on your page?

Don't try to drag your "Menu Links" portion. It should be "Extra Pages" or "Additional Information" drag box. I will pull up my admin and take a look.

It is "Extra Pages" in the Drag and Drop Selection
                      Last edited by GlowExpress; 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I just edited the frame.html code to add another Nav menu. I was just hoping that was a way to just do it from the admin console. Thanks for your help.
                        Last edited by tmilone103; 01-18-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Well there is a way to do it as I did. But it may be difference in templates as well. Glad you figured out a way to make it work though. And always happy to help.

Comment

Working...
                          X