No announcement yet.

Remove Out of Stock items from Search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Out of Stock items from Search?

Can you remove out of stock and discontinued items from product search?

On the product page (information) - under options on the information page --> Check "Hide" or "Non-Searchable"
    Last edited by GlowExpress; 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I just checked to be sure. If you hide them in admin they will not show up in
      search

**update** glow beat me to it.

Comment

Sorry for being quick on the draw. I have Chuck Norris like reflexes:cool: .... Well, sometimes.....

Comment

Thanks... Non Searchable was exactly what I needed. It removes it from the search but leaves it on the product index.

Comment

Do you guys mean to say that there is no hide when out of stock and that one must click a option box on every product when it runs out.

So If we have a product as a home special that sells out it will continue to display the the system does not check if there is stock available first before displaying?

Would the same hold true that a Category would still display when the last product of said category sells out?
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

You guys had me going.
              I must of checked something right when we uploaded our products.
              The system does a check for inventory and does not display when out of stock under my settings anyway.
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                You guys had me going.
                I must of checked something right when we uploaded our products.
                The system does a check for inventory and does not display when out of stock under my settings anyway.
                If you using the inventory control module, yes, it will give you the option to hide the product, backorder it, wish list it, etc.

If you are not using the inventory control module (like in my case), then you have to check and uncheck this manually...
                Andres

Comment

Working...
                X