Add a Manufacturer drop down list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a Manufacturer drop down list

I am about ready to go live with my site. As I have been adding product I am finding that my list of manufacturer has grown too long. I would like to change this to a drop down menu. I tried to take the code from a template that has the drop down menu and add it to my site, but I could not get it to work.

Any suggestions on how I can do this would be greatly appreciated. Any comments on the site would be helpful too.

http://weatherequipment.3dcartstores.com/

Kay Speranza
    Speranza's Weather House
    Kay Speranza
    Dish Girl LLC
    Fiesta Dinnerware

Id like to know the same thing. I hate the list of manufactuers it's too distracting, Dropdown would be way better.

Comment

Here's the code used on my site (beta.aebike.com)

Code:
      <!--START: FRAME_MANUFACTURER-->
      <form name="mfg" id="mfg" method="get" action="search_groups.asp">
      <div class="product-catalog">
      <h6>Brands</h6>
      <select name="manf" onChange="this.form.submit();" class="form-input">
      <option value="0" selected>Select Brand</option>
      <!--START: manufacturer_format-->
      <option value="[mfgid]">[manufacturer]</option>
      <!--END: manufacturer_format-->
      </select>
      </div>
      </form><br>
      <!--END: FRAME_MANUFACTURER-->

Comment

Using the code you sent. I get the drop down menu but it does not fill in with the manufactures. It only shows "Select Brand" and "[manufacturer]".

Any ideas?
        Kay Speranza
        Dish Girl LLC
        Fiesta Dinnerware

Comment

By the way, cbsteven

Your site does not display correctly on Firefox on a Mac. It seems like the background is to narrow, the menu bar is out past the background and the side menu is at the bottom of the page. It worked fine in Safari.
          Kay Speranza
          Dish Girl LLC
          Fiesta Dinnerware

Comment

Originally posted by ksperanza View Post
            By the way, cbsteven

Your site does not display correctly on Firefox on a Mac. It seems like the background is to narrow, the menu bar is out past the background and the side menu is at the bottom of the page. It worked fine in Safari.
            Looks fine on Mac FF here. (3.6.13)

Make sure you include the comment bits (the <!--xxxx-->) when putting that code in.

Comment

Originally posted by ksperanza View Post
              Using the code you sent. I get the drop down menu but it does not fill in with the manufactures. It only shows "Select Brand" and "[manufacturer]".

Any ideas?
              It's hard to say. It might be because you currently have two frame_manufacturer code sections and that may cause problems. Try replacing the one that is already there.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                It's hard to say. It might be because you currently have two frame_manufacturer code sections and that may cause problems. Try replacing the one that is already there.
                CB, I tried your code and the standard 3d code (uses tables) and they both work fine. I'd second your suggestion to remove the list code and then insert the drop-down and see how it works.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.
                  As you said, I had to remove the extra frame_manufacturer code. Once I did this I formatted it to match the site and placed it where I wanted it.

Any other site commits are welcome.

http://weatherequipment.3dcartstores.com/
                  Kay Speranza
                  Dish Girl LLC
                  Fiesta Dinnerware

Comment

This works great. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                    X