Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Get Custom Cat_1 Template To Show New Button

Hi all,

I'm messing around with changing the Cat_1 template to have a custom button ("Click to Shop" vs. the default "Add to Cart"), but I can't for the life of me figure out why the change isn't showing or happening.

I've followed the steps listed in the Knowledge Base Article "How Do I Change The Default Add To Cart Button?" in the Category section, including changing each of the several occurrences of the original code, unless I somehow missed one????? (https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...d=261&nav=0,7).

I then changed the category template (Advanced Options --> Category Page Settings) for the specific category to "Style 2" (which if I'm not mistaken would showcase the Cat_1 template that I've created with the new "Click to Shop" button).

The site is not live and still undergoing changes, but here is a link to the specific category in question.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
    -James

It's tough to say, there are multiple things it could be. Did you try clearing the cache on the backend?

Comment

Thanks, cbsteven, I don't have cache enabled and even tried looking at it from a different computer (that has never before gone to that site), and it isn't working correctly. I'm on a live chat with tech support right now to hopefully solve this problem.

Thanks again for your input and I'll be sure to post the results should I figure it out in case anyone else ever has this problem.

-James

Comment

Try clearing your cache (Settings > General > Store Settings, bottom of the page) or going to Store Language (Settings > Design > Store Language) and just clicking to save the Store Language page. Both will reset the display of the site so that your changes can be seen.

Comment

If you don't have cache set up, do the Store Language trick. It works every time for me.

Comment

Hi piaf, thanks for the advice, but unfortunately that didn't do the trick either. I have a feeling that it's less of a cache/display/Store Language problem and an actual problem with how I've coded it (or how it's coded into 3D cart's system).

I was told in a chat with tech support that the change would be tough to change because it deals with CSS (calling it "_btn") and HTML combined. Unfortunately, I know nothing about CSS and very little about HTML, so it looks like case closed for now. Luckily, it's not that big of a deal, I can live with the "Add to Cart" buttons, just preferred a different look ("Click to Shop").

The only thing I can't quite figure out is what that Knowledge Base article is referring to (if I understood it correctly and the application that I interpreted it was meant for was correct, it seems that following those instructions should have worked for what I was trying to do...).

Oh well, thanks again cbsteven and piaf!
            -James

Comment

Working...
            X