Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Help

Hi,

I'm new to 3D cart and I'm trying to create a customized design for a client. I am having some trouble figuring out how everything is connected and which page to edit for what.

First, can anyone tell me how to control the default images on the main page? The slots where the teddy bear, hat, mousepad, and buttons are? I would like to be able to pick and choose what displays there. Which page controls this?

Second, how do I add a "sale" or "new" or "special" graphic to these?

Third, how do I add a clickable photo to my categories? For example, when I click on BEDROOM FURNITURE, and that page comes up, I see my sub-categories. How can I add a graphic representation for these sub-categories?

Thanks so much,

Tammi
    Last edited by taco68; 04-22-2007, 01:27 PM. Reason: Client's request

Hello Tammi,
    I'd love to assist you, but the link in your post is not working, so It's difficult to see exactly what you mean, and I don't want to give you the wrong information.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
      Hello Tammi,
      I'd love to assist you, but the link in your post is not working, so It's difficult to see exactly what you mean, and I don't want to give you the wrong information.
      Ben
      Hi Ben,

My client prefers not to have his site advertised right now. These are universal options anyway. We would like to make the BUY link a graphic button and we would like to add a "Sale" graphic to items on sale. We would like to do this for ALL products. There should be a universal page that needs to be edited in order to do this. We just need to know which page to edit.

Thanks again,

Tammi

Comment

Originally posted by taco68 View Post
        Hi,

I'm new to 3D cart and I'm trying to create a customized design for a client. I am having some trouble figuring out how everything is connected and which page to edit for what.

First, can anyone tell me how to control the default images on the main page? The slots where the teddy bear, hat, mousepad, and buttons are? I would like to be able to pick and choose what displays there. Which page controls this?

home.html (look for the tags specific to category items, related items, etc). Additionally, you control what TYPE of product appears there from the Settings (General) and Settings (Design)

Second, how do I add a "sale" or "new" or "special" graphic to these?

Once you have the template set up, you add your products and in that process, there are places to designate sale prices, specials and such.

Third, how do I add a clickable photo to my categories? For example, when I click on BEDROOM FURNITURE, and that page comes up, I see my sub-categories. How can I add a graphic representation for these sub-categories?

edit the category_0.html file (make a copy into your layout folder, edit that). Use the Settings (General>Store Settings) for global choices and Product>Category>Options for specific ones.

Tammi
        Hope that helps some...

Comment

Working...
        X