Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global header and footer question

Hello community,

I will start my first post with 2 question topics :-P.
    -I notice that when I enable the global header and footer they replace my default ones. This is where I can insert seals such as SSL and McAffee on the footer right guys? What if I add a static page. Will the global header/footer still show up or is there a way to modify the default header/footer? Do global header/footer affect search engine crawlers? Please let me know.
    -I see an excel column in my product for meta tag (for each product) so I edit a few products with meta tag and exported the product file, but the meta tag column in excel file still show blank. I can't find any example of which format to use for excel product meta tag to upload.

feedback for www.anljewelry.com please

I notice that when I enable the global header and footer they replace my default ones. This is where I can insert seals such as SSL and McAffee on the footer right guys?
    That's the way it works - it overrides the default. This actually gives you more flexibility.

What if I add a static page. Will the global header/footer still show up
    By "static" if you mean adding a page such as a FAQ, Terms, Privacy Policy, etc. then the answer is yes.

I see an excel column in my product for meta tag (for each product) so I edit a few products with meta tag and exported the product file, but the meta tag column in excel file still show blank. I can't find any example of which format to use for excel product meta tag to upload.
    You would insert HTML such as (not a great example, but just to give you an idea):
    <meta name="description" content="Build this decorative Elegant Arched Trellis with these how-to plans.">
    <meta name="keywords" content="trellis plan, garden trellis plan, trellis, how to build a trellis, arbor and trellis, wood trellis, wooden trellis, patio trellis, privacy trellis, lattice trellis, arched trellis, garden decor, climbing plants, privacy screen, how to build">

Comment

Build "one" catagory/subcatagory/product all manually using the admin panel "back end of 3dcart" then export the product sheets as needed to view the layout in excel as per what you did in the manual setup. column "am" is the metatag area on sheet. make these changes on the sheet then upload it back. don't forget to fill in the tag wizard. :)

In your store manager go to products>view/edit>export/import then click on the "need help with this page" image and it will show you tutorials/videos of that page.
      Want 1000 Facebook Likes or Shares? G+1? Tweets? 3Dcart Design and Tweaking - Product Data Solutions - Custom Excel Upload Sheets - SEO Services - FREE Blog Hosting.

Comment

Actually, you don't even have to fill in the metatag fields at all if you don't want to. 3dCart auto-generates metatag data for you on your pages based on your Short Description field and your Keywords field (both on your Product Information tab). The autogenerated data does not show up on your Meta Tag tab on your admin area, it just shows up in your source code for the page.

You DO need to fill in the Title field on the Meta Tags tab though, that's what generates your title tag. But before you spend a lot of time manually filling out the Meta Tag data, try filling in the other fields first and then look at the source code for the product page that's generated and you'll see what the automatic meta tags look like.

Comment

Working...
        X