Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo/Picture File Resizing Question

Hi all,

I've compressed my product images to a fraction of what they used to be (for example, an original product photo that was 92kb down to 17kb).

I upload the compressed images into my File Manager and it will show them -- correctly -- as 17kb in my File Manager, but as soon as I update a product with the newer (smaller file size) image, it shows it as 102+kb (often even more than the "original", uncompressed photo).

Any ideas? I can't seem to have it where it keeps the uploaded file size (i.e., 17kb) rather than somehow converting it back to a much larger file size (i.e., 102kb).

Thanks!
    James

Try going to Settings > General > Store Settings. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Clear Cache" button. That should help you see the updated image data.

Comment

Thanks Piaf. My cache wasn't enabled, but I cleared it anyways. Turns out it did not do the trick, but I think I figured it out. The problem was that I had compressed the images in terms of resolution, but not in size. So, I had a large (size-wise) image that I have a feeling was reverting the file size back to a larger-than-expected number. I used PixResizer to actually shrink the image (in some cases, from 450x300px down to 250x100px, where it still looks good, but now seems to be keeping the smaller file size in my File Manager.

Thanks for your help!
      James

Comment

Working...
      X