MP3 Play After page Load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Play After page Load?

Migrating from our old site to new 3DCart site...We had a small MP3 file play when our homepage loaded and I'd like to do the same thing again but unsure of where, what template, etc to have it play automatically and just one time.

We should be going live on 4/8. :cool:

http://axeglove.3dcartstores.com/

Thanks for any pointers!

Patrik
    AxeShield, AxeSak, AxeGlove and AxeCap are Made in America Musical Instrument Protection Accessories.

www.AxeGlove.com

Patrik,
    I'm not an expert on mp3 usage, but from what I can tell:
    1. Upload the mp3 file to your website. This, from what I can tell, has to be done via FTP, not through the File Manager.
    2. Go to Settings/Design/Template Manager and find the frame.html
    3. Insert the code that you have on your current site: <bgsound src="LoveIsRed.MP3" loop="1"> It should work the same.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I question the need for to play music at all most sites and I find it annoying when I go to a web site and it starts playing some music, video, etc. without my permission. Its also embarassing at work.

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
        I question the need for to play music at all most sites and I find it annoying when I go to a web site and it starts playing some music, video, etc. without my permission. Its also embarassing at work.
        Well we are selling MUSICAL INSTRUMENT ACCESSORIES FOR GUITARS and all of us know we shouldn't be using company assets at work to shop. :rolleyes:
        AxeShield, AxeSak, AxeGlove and AxeCap are Made in America Musical Instrument Protection Accessories.

www.AxeGlove.com

Comment

LightWing,
          I sorta agree with ritchey about "I find it annoying when I go to a web site and it starts playing some music, video, etc. without my permission". But, that is just my personal choice. I am also a firm believer that every webmaster has a choice to design their website as they wish to. As a side note, maybe add a "stop music" or "skip music", etc. button for those that just don't want to hear it - just a thought!

Did you try what I suggested above? Did it work? I'm curious!

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
            Originally posted by Barry View Post
            LightWing,
            I sorta agree with ritchey about "I find it annoying when I go to a web site and it starts playing some music, video, etc. without my permission". But, that is just my personal choice. I am also a firm believer that every webmaster has a choice to design their website as they wish to. As a side note, maybe add a "stop music" or "skip music", etc. button for those that just don't want to hear it - just a thought!

Did you try what I suggested above? Did it work? I'm curious!
            Had to us FTP as you mentioned. File Manager would not do it.

Its only a 30 second clip.

http://axeglove.3dcartstores.com/

And thank you for your help sir! :)

Patrick

www.AxeGlove.com

Comment

You might want to correct the misspelling: News & Announcemnets

I didn't get any music playing, although I was sure interested to see how it worked for you. Should I have gotten a music clip on load? :confused:

Comment

The music should have started auto playing within seconds. Make sure you have "Play Sounds ..." checking in IE under tools/internet options/advance. Of course that assumes you are using IE. If not it could be a setting in the browser you are using. Also make sure your sound is not turned off !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                  The music should have started auto playing within seconds. Make sure you have "Play Sounds ..." checking in IE under tools/internet options/advance. Of course that assumes you are using IE. If not it could be a setting in the browser you are using. Also make sure your sound is not turned off !!!!
                  Got it working! Also found a sniplet of Java code to Stop and Restart it.

Thanks for all your help and input.

BTW, it's a tune I wrote and recorded in my Home Studio for my wife...it's called "Love Is Red". This product was her idea and it's her business too.

Patrick
                  Last edited by LightWing; 04-11-2011, 08:22 AM.

www.AxeGlove.com

Comment

Working...
                  X