<head> section for individual pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <head> section for individual pages

Does anyone know how to add a script in the head section for an individual page.
    I know it can be added to frame.html, but then it is in all pages, which just adds weight on the other pages or be specific to one page.

Support told me to add a <head> </head> in the "Header" section in Settings>Design>Titles & content , but when I look in the source page, I see this head section within the page's body section. i.e. there is the head section from the frame.html, then the body section, then another head section from the titles and content header section.

How does everyone else handle this.

Go to Settings > Design > Template Editor. The Listings templates are the ones you need to make changes to your product pages. The one you need depends on which listing format you've chosen to display on your site. The extrapage.html template is for your "extra" pages. Anyway, you get the idea. All the templates are there in that one area. Be sure to back up the original file to your computer BEFORE you make any changes to it, in case you ever need to revert back to the original format.

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
      Go to Settings > Design > Template Editor. The Listings templates are the ones you need to make changes to your product pages. The one you need depends on which listing format you've chosen to display on your site. The extrapage.html template is for your "extra" pages. Anyway, you get the idea. All the templates are there in that one area. Be sure to back up the original file to your computer BEFORE you make any changes to it, in case you ever need to revert back to the original format.
      I have a quick question about that....

When I go to edit a template file, at the bottom of the screen are links to revert to the last ten saved versions of that file, as well as the original version. Now, I'm super paranoid and have saved copies of the originals on my pc anyway, but it looks like 3dCart is also saving a backup of these files for me. Am I misunderstanding how that "revert" feature functions?

thanks, mimi

Comment

Yes, they keep a copy of the files as well, but personally, I never rely on that as my only recourse in case I have an emergency and need to revert back. To each his/her own, you can choose how you want to handle that. :)

Comment

Originally posted by mimib View Post
          I have a quick question about that....

When I go to edit a template file, at the bottom of the screen are links to revert to the last ten saved versions of that file, as well as the original version. Now, I'm super paranoid and have saved copies of the originals on my pc anyway, but it looks like 3dCart is also saving a backup of these files for me. Am I misunderstanding how that "revert" feature functions?

thanks, mimi
          I found the revert feature a little counterintuitive and although my site was 3dcart designed, it reverted it to an unedited template file...I'd be careful when clicking revert. I agree, saving your recent revisions locally isn't a bad idea.

Comment

Revisiting this issue. In order to track conversions with my Facebook add, I need to insert the script between the <head></head> sections for the page I want to track. I see that I can add it to the frame, but I don't want it installed on all pages, just specific ones. I don't see that this original question was answered so thought I'd reopen!

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
            Does anyone know how to add a script in the head section for an individual page.
            I know it can be added to frame.html, but then it is in all pages, which just adds weight on the other pages or be specific to one page.

Support told me to add a <head> </head> in the "Header" section in Settings>Design>Titles & content , but when I look in the source page, I see this head section within the page's body section. i.e. there is the head section from the frame.html, then the body section, then another head section from the titles and content header section.

How does everyone else handle this.

Comment

It seems to work non-the-less. So what support told me works just fine. Add a <head>xxx</head> anywhere and it works.

Comment

I would probably not put a <head></head> in a random spot on the page, BUT I think you are perfectly fine inserting a tracking <script> anywhere on the page. Putting it in the <head> is just a preferred location. I put a ton of <script> tags in my category and product pages with no adverse effects.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X