HELP! Dreamweaver and 3dCart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Dreamweaver and 3dCart

I created a homepage (and many other pages, but I'd like to at least begin with the homepage) in Dreamweaver, and basically have NO idea where to start in applying it to 3dcart. I have read a few threads on here and none of them have worked for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Angie

www.directteamsports.com

3dcart does not operate like a regular html webpage. You cant create the whole thing and then just upload your design. You need to use dreamweaver to edit the template files on the 3dcart server.

Comment

Feeling your pain

Yet another thing to learn. You can't just rename the files? At one point i had my frame up, but all the images were missing. I now have to upload them to image file. Maybe start all over again editing these templates? At any rate it seams way more of a pain than it should be.

Everything sounded so easy here

Comment

As a veteran from numerous hosted eCommerce carts, there are basically two types of carts:

1. The cart where you have minimal options to customize it. These carts are EASY to redesign, because you can't make many changes to them. You are drastically limited to the changes you can make, but the changes you CAN make are easy to do.

2. The cart where you can do just about any sort of design customization you might want. Due to their flexibility, these carts can be complicated to redesign, & you have to have a decent amount of HTML knowledge (or more, for some carts) to do redesign work. I think 3dCart falls into this camp. The ability to change the most detailed things is wonderful, but you've got to know what you're doing or hire someone who does.

So basically, you've got to choose... do you want easy or flexibility in your redesign?

Comment

To get you started on your redesign, you might want to check out the knowledge base. Here's a good one to start with: https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=149

Comment

Working...
          X