Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with errors on page

Hi,

I'm a newbie here and have been working on setting up my store - transferring over from Network Solutions. The forums here have been so helpful and this shopping cart rocks! So far I've mainly been working on some design elements and editing templates and such.

When my site loads in IE, it says done, but with errors. The error appears on pretty much every page I click on, but the line it's on varies a bit. I am no expert in the field, but I've learned enough to fumble my way through editing html that it usually works out ok. I can't figure out though what is causing the errors. I had edited some info out of the frame.html file about the site being powered by 3DCart... at the time I didn't know I could edit it in store language. So I'm afraid I messed something up there, but I'm not sure. Would anyone be willing to take a look at this and offer some suggestions? I always save a copy of the file before I edit it and I can't even see the part I would have removed. I do know the 3dCart blurb was appearing underneath the image that says copyright Halloween Asylum 2011, so it was making the image all jumbled up - the left and right corners of the image were on a different line than the body of the image.

Also, I tried to insert Facebook and YouTube icons into the header. In Firefox they're exactly where I want them - flush to the right edge. But in IE, they're further to the left. They seem attached to some invisible margin attached to the My Account image below. I tried all sorts of ways to set it up and most of the time it just results in the two icons being stacked on top of each other rather than side by side. Or the My Account image gets separated - a gap appears between the left edge and the bottom line. Again, I'm guessing this is something in the code, but after many hours of struggling with this, I can't figure it out.

If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it. My temp site is at http://halloweenasylum.3dcartstores.com
    Thanks!

I am probably not going to be much help, but it looks like your footer is messed up as well. Might be easier to revert back to your original frame version and start from there.

Good Luck!

Comment

NancyC,
      Not sure this will help ...

When my site loads in IE, it says done, but with errors.
      I'm using IE8 and sometimes I get the error/sometimes not! I have looked at your site about 12 times and it varies. I tried to figure out why, but have had no luck. Sorry!

Also, I tried to insert Facebook and YouTube icons into the header. In Firefox they're exactly where I want them - flush to the right edge. But in IE, they're further to the left.
      I see the same thing in my IE8. Keep in mind that 3D cart uses tons of tables within tables, so it might just be a table cell format that will fix it .... just a thought.

BTW, Your site looks good!

Comment

Thanks for your input. I am using IE8 as well. I can live with the facebook and youtube icons where they are, but I'm less thrilled with the error msgs.

I think the footer looks the way it's supposed to. It's always only been at the bottom of the left hand column and the jagged edges are part of the background image. I could reload the original frame file, but I've made some changes here and there and was trying to avoid that.

Comment

Are you using a custom tracking script?

I keep getting the error at the same spot and it's related to monstertracking script in your Left Banner. If your Global Left Banner is enabled, try disabling it and see if the error persists.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
            Are you using a custom tracking script?

I keep getting the error at the same spot and it's related to monstertracking script in your Left Banner. If your Global Left Banner is enabled, try disabling it and see if the error persists.
            Evolution, I wasn't even sure what it was you were talking about because I haven't set up any tracking script, but when I checked the Global Left Banner, I did find this:

<script language="JavaScript" src="https://halloweenasylum.3dcartstores.com/monstertracking/monstertrack.asp" type="text/JavaScript"></script>
            <script language="Javascript">
            lt_action="";
            track();
            </script>

The Global Left Column was enabled, so I disabled it and the error message is gone!! What is this tracking script and is it needed in any way?

Thanks so much!
            Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by NancyC View Post
              The Global Left Column was enabled, so I disabled it and the error message is gone!! What is this tracking script and is it needed in any way?
              Not sure why it's there. I did some digging and saw that it's an asp ROI tracking script which would lead me to believe it's not standard 3d software. Maybe check with support to see if the can shed any light on it.

Glad it worked out for you :D

Comment

Ok, I will check with them.

Thanks again!

Comment

As far as your footer goes -- I use that same template. The footer should go completely across the page, not just in the left hand column.

See my site for example:

~ Cristy
                  Last edited by 3dcristywisty; 04-27-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcristywisty View Post
                    As far as your footer goes -- I use that same template. The footer should go completely across the page, not just in the left hand column.

See my site for example: http://www.magictackle.com

~ Cristy
                    Yeah, your footer looks better. I know from the very beginning I had trouble with the footer. It was on top of the 3Dcart info and things were jumbled up. I'll see if I can straighten it out. Thanks.

Comment

that script is for a 3rd party app plugin. See http://www.3dcart.com/ecommerce-apps...ore-3droi.html. If you are not using that app, It should be safe to delete.
                      Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 07-10-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I did talk to tech support a little while ago and they said it was safe to disable. He didn't know why it was causing the page error, but with it off everything looks good. Thanks for all the input. I've gotten a lot of really helpful info in this forum already :)

Comment

I believe there is an issue with your header as well -- possibly something to do with the size of your logo or perhaps you added another column where the logo goes?

If you compare the shopping cart area in the header you will see that mine is white all the way across. Yours starts after your logo ends.

Because 3d cart uses a bunch of nested tables, the fastest way to reslove will likely be reverting to the original frame. You will likley spend more time trying to figure out where the extra tables are at than reverting and making your few changes again.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcristywisty View Post
                            I believe there is an issue with your header as well -- possibly something to do with the size of your logo or perhaps you added another column where the logo goes?

If you compare the shopping cart area in the header you will see that mine is white all the way across. Yours starts after your logo ends.
                            I actually edited the white box the shopping cart sits in. I wanted a full black background for the logo so I reduced the size for the white box around the cart. I didn't like the way the white looked stretched across the full header.

Comment

Working...
                            X