Getting ready to launch our new site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to launch our new site!

We are close to launching our new 3dcart site and wanted to get some feedback. The site is at http://printpal.3dcartstores.com

It will be replacing our old Americart site at http://www.printpal.com once we are finished testing.

Appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Mark
    Mark Comish
    Printpal
    http://printpal.3dcartstores.com
    www.printpal.com

Mark,
    Appreciate any feedback good or bad
    Obviously I like the 3DCart site better, but ....
    I'm a bit confused with the "company's theme colors". I see you like to use the rainbow theme with a strong hint of blue (the backround of the site). But the template is black and orange.

Maybe ...
    1. Use the rainbow in the frames top links. PS: I did a quick "makeover in FireFox and it looked pretty cool! I replaced the stock orange image with your rainbow category image as the backround.
    2. Choose either black (black, dark grey, grey) or blue (drk blue, med blue, light blue) for your template theme colors.

Keep in mind, these are just my thoughts and I hope your aren't offended in any way. The "webmaster" of any site should have the final decision of how and why things look.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-18-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I appreciate your feedback. That is a valid point and I will go and see if those changes look good. I just went with the orange and black as it was built into the template and I have been so overwhelmed with converting the data over I have neglected to consider additional cosmetic changes. Now I'll be up all night, thanks a lot :)

Mark
      Mark Comish
      Printpal
      www.printpal.com

Comment

I will go and see if those changes look good. I just went with the orange and black as it was built into the template and I have been so overwhelmed with converting the data over I have neglected to consider additional cosmetic changes. Now I'll be up all night, thanks a lot
        Didn't want you to "stay up all night making changes" lol , it was only one person's opinion! lol BTW, I have stayed up many a night tweaking the website (for better or worse) so I know what you mean! And I do agree you should be more concerned with getting the data etc, over to 3DCart. That is more important at first. Switching cart software is a BIG chore.
        Last edited by Barry; 05-19-2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I only stayed up 1/2 the night :) I made a lot of changes. I mainly changed the orange menu's to rainbow and all the orange buttons, etc to blue. I think it looks a lot better and I am glad you gave me some ideas. Plus it doesn't look so much like the original template which I like.

Mark
          Mark Comish
          Printpal
          www.printpal.com

Comment

Oh, yeah, that's much better! And I love your home page image slider too. :)

Comment

I appreciate your feedback and the code you posted on the forum for the slider!!
              Mark Comish
              Printpal
              www.printpal.com

Comment

Mark,
                The site looks great! Your rainbow behind the top links looks much better than mine did LOL. It looks cohesive without being to gaudy.
                PS: I like that you changed the Cat headers to blue instead of the rainbow now that you have that across the top.

Comment

Originally posted by markcom View Post
                  We are close to launching our new 3dcart site and wanted to get some feedback. The site is at http://printpal.3dcartstores.com

It will be replacing our old Americart site at http://www.printpal.com once we are finished testing.

Appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Mark
                  First let me say I think your site looks real good I would already easily give it a 7 out of 10 or higher. I only see 2 things that hit me that I would change. These are only my thoughts I could be wrong.

1. I do not care for that blue side background with the "printpal" title all around I find it kind of distracting. I think the site would look better if you just widened it a little and went with white background. I would at least try it to just take a look if it where my site.

2. I do not care for your side navigation. I am not real sure what it is I do not like about it maybe font, or style, not sure.

I understand like our site yours is still a work in progress. I think your site already looks way better then your old site, and I see no reason you would not get sales as is, and I am sure you will make it better with time. Nice work, and Hope this helps you out.

www.jpwjewelry.com
                  Last edited by Jimmy; 05-20-2011, 07:49 AM.
                  Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                    First let me say I think your site looks real good I would already easily give it a 7 out of 10 or higher. I only see 2 things that hit me that I would change. These are only my thoughts I could be wrong.

1. I do not care for that blue side background with the "printpal" title all around I find it kind of distracting. I think the site would look better if you just widened it a little and went with white background. I would at least try it to just take a look if it where my site.

2. I do not care for your side navigation. I am not real sure what it is I do not like about it maybe font, or style, not sure.

I understand like our site yours is still a work in progress. I think your site already looks way better then your old site, and I see no reason you would not get sales as is, and I am sure you will make it better with time. Nice work, and Hope this helps you out.

www.jpwjewelry.com

I appreciate all feedback and it is a work in progress. We have had the blue background with "printpal" in it for many years and just switching to a new cart we feel is a big enough change for our customers we didn't want them to think they were at the wrong site when we go live. This is actually the first time anyone has commented negatively about the background color but I will keep it in mind and always work to make things appeal to a general audience.

On the left navigation I agree. I look at it and I just can't put my finger on why I don't like it. It is plain and simple which is good but something about the look I am not crazy about. Not sure if it is the font, color, style,etc. It is just so plain. Our old site had an image down the side that said "Select Printer". I kind of like that but I am just not sure.

You can bet it is a work in progress and I tinker with it a lot and take all comments seriously. I appreciate you taking the time to give me very valuable info. Love your site by the way but I did like the old logo, which I think was posted on the forum?

Thanks again,

Mark
                    printpal.3dcartstores.com
                    www.printpal.com
                    Mark Comish
                    Printpal
                    www.printpal.com

Comment

Looks fine to me.
                      David
                      David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

My 2 cents (worth what you paid for it).

1. Cluttered. Separate the 800 #
                        2. The sideways select printer brandsI would get rid of, increase the printer brands above,a dn this gives you more room for your brand names.
                        3. Across the top menu (home, about us, my account) see if you can incrsae the font a bit. This is valuable real estate, so I would look at what people actually click on. May be Free shipping is not needed there?
                        4. What does best quality mean? It adds words, which may not be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
                          My 2 cents (worth what you paid for it).

1. Cluttered. Separate the 800 #
                          2. The sideways select printer brandsI would get rid of, increase the printer brands above,a dn this gives you more room for your brand names.
                          3. Across the top menu (home, about us, my account) see if you can incrsae the font a bit. This is valuable real estate, so I would look at what people actually click on. May be Free shipping is not needed there?
                          4. What does best quality mean? It adds words, which may not be needed.
                          As always I appreciate feedback. I did agree with the clutter of info around the phone number. I took your suggestion and cleaned that up a bit. The remainder of suggestions I logged as more feedback comes in. We actually like the number of printer brands listed as the bulk of our orders come from the ones on the main page. I am going to give the "Select Printer Brand" a try as so far most people have liked the look. If I needed more room I would consider it. I agree over time we will see which menu links are most important and viewed and may trim some down or move to the bottom.

Thanks again and please feel free to always send your 2 cents! We also changed our user name in the forum to printpal instead of markcom

Mark
                          printpal.3dcartstores.com
                          Printpal.com - Online Inkjet Store - Home Page
                          Mark
                          www.printpal.com

Comment

Working...
                          X