2 months no sale :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 months no sale :-(

I've launched 14k Gold, Sterling Silver and Fashion Jewelry | Natural Gemstone Rings, Earrings, Necklaces, Bracelets, Birthstone Jewelry for 2 months now. I've tried adwords using free credits, submit to the find, seo. I get about 50 unique visitor to the site, but not a single sale. I had two orders, but they were my ebay customers trying to get 10% discount on my website.
    Can anyone take a look at my website to see if there's anything wrong?
    Last edited by Anthonytn79; 05-24-2011, 09:48 AM.

I tried out your site all the way to entering my address info at checkout and I don't see any problem with the functionality of it.

Comment

Hi Anthony,

I would suggest checking your Google Analytics and find out the type of keywords that are bringing customers to your website, perhaps these 50 visitors a day are not finding the products or prices they're searching for.

Without having details from your Analytics, I would mention the following.

For SEO,
      -Your Home Page keywords are too broad: "Birthstone, Gemstone, Natural gemstone, earrings, rings, necklaces." It'd be hard to rank for "rings" or "necklaces." Target more specific keywords, like "Natural Birthstone Necklaces"
      - There is no content on your home page, Add a couple banners or paragraphs above the featured products.
      - No product description, I can see you have some specifications but an actual paragraph describing the item will help.
      - Add some content pages, you can use the Birthstones idea you have going on the blog to create content pages describing the stones and their properties, similar to "http://www.bernardine.com/birthstone/garnet.htm", link keywords to products.

For usability,
      - Limit the Home Specials to 6 or 9 products. Manually select your best items.
      - Limit the number of Related Products to 3 or 6 items.
      - Make the "Browse By Birthstones" actual categories instead of Search Pages.
      - Add a short intro text or banner at the top of your main categories.
      - Display in more obvious location your "Return Policy", use this as a reason to order from your website versus competitors.
      - Add Trust and security seals, like Truste, Buysafe or Verisign Trust Seal.

I apologize if I'm missing anything but this is from taking a quick look at your site. Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Comment

No 800 number.
        No address
        Category page right column out of wack 14K.GOLD LEVER BACK EARRINGS WITH BLUE & WHITE TOPAZ 4419.
        One page checkout.
        Shipping to high.
        Logo not clickable.
        SSL seal not clickable.
        Home page to plain need a image swap or carousel to dress it up.
        Need classier logo.
        Links in footer seem incomplete (14k Gold | Sterling Silver | Fashion Jewelry).
        Need address on about us page.
        Blog content more suitable for a birthstone guide.
        Blog page Is this statement really necessary (It really is not our job here at the International Colored Gemstone Association to tell you all about diamonds).
        Remove the free shipping jarden from the side of your logo. Use a nice graphic in the column.
        Policies, Terms and Conditions page: We will charge a $25 fee on all returned checks. (How are to collect on this? are you going to send a bill?) This statement should be removed if you are concerned about bad checks then do not accept them. choose Money order instead.

Sorry for the long reply but you did seem concerned so there you have it.

Good Luck
        Clayton
        Go Live Industries

Comment

Wow between me and Jimmy I think you have plenty to go with.

Thanks Jimmy for your insight and taking the time to remind all of us of the basic fundamentials. It is always a pleasure to hear your professional opinion.

Again Anthony, best of luck.
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

Most conversion rates for many product areas are under 1%, so I am not surprised at no sales yet.

The key is getting traffic to be much higher (in the thousands).

I would look at the competition and see what keywords they are focused on. Usually look at their title and the first couple of words are what they are focused on.

The age of your url may mean your in the Google sand box. Sometimes it can take 6 months before Google stops penalizing a url for being new.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
              Category page right column out of wack 14K.GOLD LEVER BACK EARRINGS WITH BLUE & WHITE TOPAZ 4419.
              I agree with Go Live, in many instances is better to remove the right column out of the page, you can easily do this from SETTINGS > DESIGN > TITLES AND CONTENT. In your case I would move the seals to the top of the site (or footer), the "browse by birthstone" to the left banner, and then hide the RIGHT COLUMN on Product and Category pages.

Jimmy

Comment

Thankssss

Thanks alot for the insight guys!
                It looks like I have alot to do for June :-) I'm new to online store so I still have a 55 hrs / week work at a nails salon to get some income. I do get to work on my website during slow time using my laptop though. I'll see how much I can get done in June. Again thanks guys. I'm going to see how I can get an 800 number that will link to my iphone so I can answer calls at the nails salon :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                  No 800 number.
                  No address
                  One page checkout.
                  Shipping to high.
                  Logo not clickable.
                  SSL seal not clickable.
                  Home page to plain need a image swap or carousel to dress it up.
                  Need classier logo.
                  Links in footer seem incomplete (14k Gold | Sterling Silver | Fashion Jewelry).
                  Need address on about us page.
                  Blog content more suitable for a birthstone guide.
                  Blog page Is this statement really necessary (It really is not our job here at the International Colored Gemstone Association to tell you all about diamonds).
                  Remove the free shipping jarden from the side of your logo. Use a nice graphic in the column.
                  Policies, Terms and Conditions page: We will charge a $25 fee on all returned checks. (How are to collect on this? are you going to send a bill?) This statement should be removed if you are concerned about bad checks then do not accept them. choose Money order instead.

Sorry for the long reply but you did seem concerned so there you have it.

Good Luck
                  I noticed you put one page check out? Im curious as to what you think is wrong with it?
                  thanks
                  Kathleen
                  www.bikerbabesleathers.com
                  www.theleatheroutpost.com
                  Please "like" us on Facebook
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

Comment

I won't get into details but the onepage checkout has historically been a bad converter.

Furthermore the opportunity to use the not completed notice (with a compelling reason to buy) is pretty much not going to happen.

All 800 services can be forwarded to any phone.
                    Clayton
                    Go Live Industries

Comment

Excellent points from both Go Live and Jim. Any web store would do well to follow this advice.

One other thing to look at is the way your pricing is set up. you can't tell that the item is on sale unless you click on it. set it up so it shows the reg. price and sale price under the thumbnail.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonytn79 View Post
                        Thanks alot for the insight guys! I do get to work on my website during slow time using my laptop though. I'll see how much I can get done in June. Again thanks guys.
                        It pays to be persistent and keep plugging away.
                        The first three years of working on getting products up and defining the store departments was fulltime dedication to the tune of working till midnight and starting at 4am to get another 4 hours in before breakfast seven days a week.

But well worth it. Now a full time business with seven employees. I now get to go home at 5pm and play with the kids. (catch, krocett, swimming, dirt biking, teaching Photoshop and music loop software)
                        And here's the kicker, no home phone. After years of child neglect spending time with my 8 and 10 year old children is KING!

Keep with it, No matter what you do in life 'Master It' and you will be successful.
                        Clayton
                        Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
                        X