Global Right Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Right Banner

Is there a way to PREVENT the contents of the Global Right Banner field (Settings > Design > Header and Footer) from displaying on the HOME page? I want it to display on every other page on my site EXCEPT the home page, so I just need to find a way to prevent it from displaying on that one page.

If you go to settins>design>Titles and content >home page

you can check the right and left columns on and off

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion, but I don't think it'll do what I want to do. Right now, I have items in my right banner that I want to show up on the home page, namely the shopping cart display, the best sellers and the new product listing. But there is some code that I've manually placed in the Settings > Design > Header and Footer > Global Right Banner field that I want to prevent from displaying on only the home page. So I don't want to exclude the right banner itself from displaying on the home page, just the contents of that one field (Settings > Design > Header and Footer > Global Right Banner) from displaying on the home page. I'm wondering if I'll have to do some sort of javascript to accomplish the task?

Comment

Different frame for home

or

If title name =
        else
        Last edited by Go Live; 05-28-2011, 09:09 AM.
        Clayton
        Go Live Industries

Comment

Declare var as title

if varible = Your title

document write

You can stop here or add else

Yes the document write may be limited so I'll share the following links will help

Cut & Paste HTML to JavaScript converter
          HTML to JavaScript convertor - Transforms blocks of HTML into JavaScript document.write() statements | Developer Tools | Accessify

Going to the next step you may find the The startsWith() Method to be helpful.
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'll have to see what works best for us. I completely forgot I could use a custom template and that may end up being the best solution for us. Thanks for the reminder Go Live. :)

Comment

Well crud, according to another thread I was reading, apparently you can't use a custom frame for your home page. Ugh, I hate javascript and was REALLY hoping to avoid it as a solution. :(

Comment

Ya gotta love it. (no disclaimer)

We use the startsWith() Method to use a different right column on the cat and list pages.

Just waiting to see what new features are to get released before we develop more of our own. (hate to spend a few months in development just to have 3dcart release the same feature).
                Clayton
                Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
                X