Editing Cart Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Cart Templates

Ok, I'm a bit confused about a few of the templates in 3DCart, mainly dealing with the checkout/shopping cart aspect.

1. I know that the "Checkout...._multiple.html" templates are if the ship to multiple addresses option is used.
    2. I "think" I have an idea what some of the others are for, but not 100% sure. Sometimes I edit something in FireFly easily, but then have a hard time finding the code in the actual 3DCart templates!!!
    3. So, that being said, can anyone tell me exactly what the following templates are for? The list:
    • 1page_checkout.html and/or checkout-singlepage.html (are they the same? Which is for "Single Page Checkout" (if enabled)?
    • checkout-step1b.html and checkout-step2b.html
    • checkout-step3bkup.html
    • What is the difference?: checkout-step4.html and checkout-step4receipt.html
    • thankyou.html - I doubt this is the "Step 4 (aka Thank You) page in the multi page checkout, but again, not 100% sure.

Sorry for the long post, but I have checked the KB, Tutorials, etc. and did not find all the answers. All these nested tables can be a bit confusing. I just sarted using FireFly and can make the "temp" changes in there very easy, but in the 3DCart templates is where I get confused. Too bad I can't use FireFly to make the actual changes - or can I?
    Last edited by Barry; 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM.

Nobody knows? Or this post just got missed or "passed over" on purpose. LOL I'm just curious!

Comment

As far as I can tell from my editing...

checkout-singlepage.html is for the 1 page checkout.

Checkout-step1.html, Checkout-step2.html, Checkout-step3.html and Checkout-step4.html are used for the multipage checkout. The rest of them don't seem to make any changes for me. I am sure there is a purpose and hopefully someone will let you know but the ones above are the only ones I ever noticed changes after editing.
      Mark
      www.printpal.com

Comment

Mark,
        checkout-singlepage.html is for the 1 page checkout.
        Thanks for the reply! I wasn't 100% sure about the "1page_checkout.html VS the checkout-singlepage.html", so thanks for clearing that up! But what the heck is "1page_checkout.html" for ?????

Checkout-step1.html, Checkout-step2.html, Checkout-step3.html and Checkout-step4.html are used for the multipage checkout.
        Like you, those ones I did figure out - it is the ones with the "step1b", step2b" and step3bkup" that have me also baffled! LOL Maybe someone from 3DCart will respond ........

Comment

Hi all,

For the most part, what you're seeing are legacy templates that aren't really applicable for 3.2.2 stores these days. :)

We just have them left over for a few of our legacy accounts who - due to the highly customized nature of their stores - need to use the older templates.

Comment

3dCartHenry,
            Thanks for clearing that up - I had a feeling that "those" files were sort of "left over". But I just needed to hear it from someone in the know!.

Comment

It would be nice to have a reference style list with templates and corresponding pages. I bet it would also save many tech support hours, not to mention all the hours we users spend trying to figure out what is what.

Comment

Working...
              X