remove shipping Estimate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove shipping Estimate?

I've had a lot of abandoned carts so I was playing around with my site and discovered something that could definitely cause cart abandonment! On the checkout page you can get an estimate of the shipping by putting in your zip code. I put mine in and WOW! it eas extremely high off about $10. i put in the zip code for the distributor and it was way off too. So that explain why people are leaving! I would too with excessive shipping! The weird thing is when you actually put in your address and go through the process its accurate. Go figure! So I want to remove the estimate shipping, Anyone know how to do this?
    Thanks
    Kathleen
    www.bikerbabesleathers.com
    www.theleatheroutpost.com
    Please "like" us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

O.K figured out how to hide the shipping estimate. its in sipping settings but I would like to use it. Any ideas on how to get it to display the correct shipping amt?
    Kathleen
    www.bikerbabesleathers.com
    www.theleatheroutpost.com
    Please "like" us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

Comment

I don't think you should turn off the shipping estimate. If you think about it from a customers perspective getting shipping in the shopping cart vs going to checkout I think most would prefer it available in the shopping cart and by removing it your abandonment rate may stay the same or even increase.

The shipping charge being higher than it should be could be driving away customers but the estimated charge should not be that far off (normally). You need to check your item settings and your shipping settings to make sure something else is not causing the shipping charge to be too high (example if you accidentally added a shipping charge on the product page in the admin section this will be added to the other shipping charges).

If you are unable to find a reason for the discrepancy I would suggest contacting 3dcart support and asking them to explain the discrepancy (you need to give them a specific product and zip code to test).

One final thing is that we have had customer complaints about the shipping charges being off but when the rates are checked in the calculator they match up. This could have been a temporary error rather than something that happens all the time.
      Nathan
      www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Working...
      X