Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to hide the right bar on checkout pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hide the right bar on checkout pages?

I want the right bar on other pages but just not the checkout pages. Settings>>Titles & Content and then checking the checkbox on each checkout page doesn't make a difference.

Is there a way to set a different frame.html for checkout?

Thanks,
    Ken

oops, deleted post. Didn't fully read the question and he had already tried what I was suggesting.
    Last edited by piaf; 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Settings>>Titles & Content and then checking the checkbox on each checkout page doesn't make a difference.
      I am using multi-page checkout and this works for me. I even tried it on 3 or 5 different templates and it worked. This is probably obvious, but did you "save" each one after checking the box? Did you try clearing the cache?

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
        I am using multi-page checkout and this works for me. I even tried it on 3 or 5 different templates and it worked. This is probably obvious, but did you "save" each one after checking the box? Did you try clearing the cache?
        Hi Barry,

Just checked and yes, I did save each one. I am using the multi page checkout and I did clear the cache and unchecked the "enable cache".

I just now closed my browser and reopened it went through to checkout and the right bar is still there.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
        Ken
        Last edited by watchdr; 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Interestingly, my right nav does NOT show up on my checkout pages, and I don't have those boxes checked in the Settings > Design > Titles & Content area. So now I'm wondering if the way this displays is different when using different "themes". I'm using v32020 as my template theme and I sure don't think I did anything to remove the right nav from my checkout pages. It might be worth investigating the checkout page layout from other themes to see if you get anything different.

Comment

I just previewed a random sampling of templates and none of them have the right navigation bar on the checkout pages. Have you had custom work previously done on your checkout pages? I'm wondering of that's the culprit. Can you give us a link to your site so we can see what you're talking about?

Comment

Ok, I just found your store from one of your previous posts where you had a link to your site. Yep, I see the problem. You are using Template V30036 and when I view a preview of that template in my store, there is definitely a right nav in the checkout pages. So it looks like this is a function of the template (some templates do it and some don't). Looks like you'll have to edit the actual code of the checkout pages themselves to remove the right nav. You'll find the page code at Settings > Design > Template Editor.

Comment

You are using Template V30036
                Piaf,
                Are you sure that's the template - I can't find it. Mine stops at 30035. I wanted to try it out on my end.

Comment

Yeah, if you go to his site and look at the source code, his CSS files are located at "assets/templates/v30036/css/default_modified.css" so that's where I got the v30036 from. But you're right, mine stops at v30035 too, I wasn't looking closely when I said I tested that template, I was testing the v30035 version and thought it was the v30036 template. My mistake :eek:

Comment

Ok, for testing purpose I went ahead and loaded the v30035 template. In my instance, there is no right bar on any of the checkout pages!! I am sure I never removed anything pertaining to the right bar from my checkout or frame templates.

Comment

30036 doesn't show on available templates so must be discontinued.
                      At the top of the template page there is a tab that says "installed templates"
                      Try that, it is listed on mine there. It doesn't show a thumb nail but I can preview it. Sorry I didn't make it live and test it.

Comment

Normally, I have New Products listed on the right along with a custom Javascript that I entered on the Global Right Banner area of Settings > Design > Header and Footer. When I tested V30035, the only thing that actually showed up was the custom Javascript that was entered into the Global Right Banner field. So I would assume that if you have something in that particular field, it's going to show up in the checkout pages for the template theme he's using. However, with my normal template theme v32020, that custom Javascript DOES NOT show up on the checkout pages. I still say it's something to do with the template theme he's using.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
                          30036 doesn't show on available templates so must be discontinued.
                          At the top of the template page there is a tab that says "installed templates"
                          Try that, it is listed on mine there. It doesn't show a thumb nail but I can preview it. Sorry I didn't make it live and test it.
                          Aha! THAT's how I previewed it!! LOL, I thought I was going crazy there for a sec.... :D

Comment

This has been driving me nuts. previewed '36 (didn't know I could navigate the not live previews, thanks!) indeed the RT content was there unlike ours. Since the checkout is from the common templates it had to be the frame. I think I found it.

Ftp'd the 30036 frame and our 32014 and compared the RT content code.

The option in admin is to hide the "RT bar".

Our frame RT content starts with
                            <!--START: RIGHT_BAR_BLOCKS-->
                            I'm sure the hiding script is in that command.

the 30036 RT starts with
                            <!--start right column-->
                            No reference to the RIGHT_BAR_BLOCKS.

I think there's several ways to go on this but I hesitate to suggest any.

hope this helps.
                            Last edited by mondo; 06-09-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Sorry I wasn't able to be here all day to join in. I will look into the suggestions you all have made. I think I'll play with the frame code for the right bar and see if that fixes this. I have another site that isn't quite live yet and I can play with it some to see if changing the call for the right bar does anything.

Thanks,
                              Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X