Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Live
    replied
    Go ahead and pick out as much as you can carry from my web site.
    Very much appropriated.

Leave a comment:

• celebra1
    replied
    Follow-Up

I was sure you'd understand my cryptic message!

For now I'll stick with my pseudonym.

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
    BTW Go_Live, PM me your address. I have something you asked about a while back.
    Now that I think about it. I think I'm about to be very excited.
    I want to call you by your given name. But not sure if you want to be displayed.
    Thank you, Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Good Morning
    Yes in the spreadsheet.
    As to the cat approach (items display that are in that cat)
    Key word approach (your entire thousands of products will be scanned for the keywords)

Leave a comment:

• celebra1
    replied
    Pros & Cons of Approaches

Go_Live,

I'm assuming that the @ approach needs to be configured in the spreadsheet category column. I can adjust the current setup easily - I use Find & Replace a lot! I am confused about ElegantWeddings concern over bandwidth. Would the current setup using keywords delay the display &/or result in more bandwidth draw? I started in this direction when I found the SmartCategories area, and then recalled a phone conversation with jesseo a few years back. He was promoting the keyword approach. The main advantage I can see with @ over SmartCategories is in not having gibberish keywords, therefore being "cleaner". Are there any other pros/cons in one approach over another?

BTW Go_Live, PM me your address. I have something you asked about a while back.

Leave a comment:

• piaf
    replied
    Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
    a couple of newbies are on a marathon posting on random threads with no relevancy to the subject matter. Yesterday morning and this morning most replies on posts were not worth reading.
    Yep, and that's why they are now on my IGNORE list. :D

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
    a couple of newbies are on a marathon posting on random threads with no relevancy to the subject matter. Yesterday morning and this morning most replies on posts were not worth reading.
    Yes I noticed and what gets me is If it was MY THREAD with a nonsense reply it would make my tread look like it received an answer. When in this instance I would prefer the goose egg in hopes someone would provide true assistance. Lets hope this nonsense stops soon!

Leave a comment:

• ElegantWeddings
    replied
    Originally posted by Go Live View Post
    Quack! I don't get it. Did you have something to add or just thinking out load. I get these notices thinking "great a reply to a post I am monitoring and nothing"

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Originally posted by markpaul
    I see.. Keyword helps. It is like designating products by tagging them to be searchable online.
    http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/1.gif
    Quack! I don't get it. Did you have something to add or just thinking out load. I get these notices thinking "great a reply to a post I am monitoring and nothing"

Leave a comment:

• ElegantWeddings
    replied
    Yes, keywords. But they must be unique. You can make them up! It took a bit of configuring, but it does work very nicely. Check it out on Alpine Sand Toys. I did it on my site too. Choose you keywords carefully.
    Yes, I do know this method, I have several of my categories that have subs are defined this way (on the .ca site), but I wasn't happy with the results. so I didn't implement this method on the .com site.

I would rather display items that belong in that category/subcategories rather than triggering a search every-time someone clicks on the category name.
    I don't know what the expense on bandwidth on displaying items that are assigned to a category as oppose to searching by keyword.

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Welcome Celebra1

The following format will add your products to main and deeper cats

UTV Kawasaki [email protected] Kawasaki Teryx/Teryx Billet Parts

Just use the @ sign with no spaces. Keep a master copy of the cats from deep and work your way up. This way you will have a master copy to easily add new products to your cat structure. To cross promote again use the @ sign and your cat buildout for that cat.

Good Luck

FYI: You can use notepad to restructure your cats from PS to 3dcart using "find and replace"

Leave a comment:

• celebra1
    replied
    SmartCategories

Yes, keywords. But they must be unique. You can make them up! It took a bit of configuring, but it does work very nicely. Check it out on Alpine Sand Toys. I did it on my site too. Choose you keywords carefully.

Leave a comment:

• ElegantWeddings
    replied
    SmartCategories is the key!
    using keywords I presume? then that would mean all your items in that category should have the same keyword defined. Perhaps I misunderstood, can you please elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• celebra1
    replied
    It CAN Be Done!

SmartCategories is the key!

Leave a comment:

• celebra1
    replied
    Darn...

Thanks for the link! Learning this new setup will take time. I guess I'll be designing my category page. The current setup has too many steps! :eek: We sell PRODUCTS, not links to them! Everyone I'm working with wants product pictures on their category page, which SHOULD be the default. So it's time to figure it out.

Do you know if anyone here has successfully implemented an xhtml/css site? Can it be done in strict or should I use transitional?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X