Site Input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Input!

Hey Guys....I'd love some input on my site. Also.. I get 3 or 4 "not completed" orders a day.. it is the most frustrating thing. I've tried going through as if I was a customer and I don't see anything in the checkout steps that would make me stop from ordering. If you could please give me some insight! :) Thanks!

Welcome to DIRECT TEAM SPORTS - Complete Team Outfitters - Custom Hockey T-Shirts & Hoodies - Custom Team Apparel - Figure Skating Apparel

Angie

Get used to the "not completed" orders. Chances are, you'll see a lot of them. The majority of websites see only 1-2 sales out of every 10 shopping carts created. Think about it... how many times have you gone onto web sites and put stuff in the cart and then left the site without completing the order? It's a common occurrence. :)

Comment

Regarding your site.... you have NO DESCRIPTIONS on the products I looked at. Not good. Are your T-shirts cotton, performance poly, a cotton/poly blend? How are the images applied to the shirts? Are they silk-screened? Sublimated?

What about the sizes of your clothes? I don't see any sort of link on your product pages to a size chart that shows the dimensions of your clothing (width, length) for each size you sell.

Take a look at a site like "www.t-shirts.com". See how much text they have? It's one of the reasons they're on the first page of results when you do a search for t-shirts. Text is KING with it comes to search engine optimization. Get some descriptions on your products!

Comment

Okay...Thanks for your response...Good point. I will take the time to add descriptions.

Comment

Just a few things I noticed: On your hoodies, there are no pictures of the actual hoodie, just a drawing. I'd definitely get a picture of the hoodie up there if you can.

Also, your graphics when you click into the categories are really big, you might want to see if you can reduce the file size a little bit. Example: http://www.directteamsports.com/asse...utfitting2.jpg is over 1mb in size... this makes the page slow to load and is going to cost you a fortune in bandwidth.

Comment

oh wow, i didn't even realize they were that huge. Okay thanks!

Comment

Yes, I noticed the slow-loading, huge graphics too.

Comment

A Few Ideas

Besides what has already been stated:
                • There are numerous areas on your site where pages load s-l-o-w-l-y. Address ALL of them.
                • Home page phone number - consider a lighter color, possibly contrasting, like yellow or orange, but a muted shade.
                • Downsize your fonts on your category titles. If they are images, revert to proper headings with sizes and colors laid out in your styles.
                • "Box in" your words Category and Mailing List in your left column - give them a light background.
                • Remove the white space between subscribe and your shipping choices.
                • Give your left column categories top and bottom padding (5px).
                • Link your banner to "Home".
                • Why is your Contact Us page About Us? A Contact page NEEDS contact info - Biz address, phone, biz email, store hours, etc.
                • Stop using & instead of the word and!
                • You need keyword-rich text without the "fluff" and unnecessary graphics.
                • Bots read text, not graphics. If you use graphics, use alt tags for each one.
                • Many of your graphics are "fuzzy" - make them easy to read. EX: Catalogs
                • Too much ALL CAPS - ALL CAPS = YELLING, plus its much harder to read!
                • Use consistent font styles.
                • Confusing linking structure once one clicks a link that takes them off this site. Do you expect users to keep hitting the back button? How about those links opening in a new window? target="_blank"
                • Where's your Policies Page?
                • When you post an email address, link it! Better yet, link it but cloak it.
                  <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Email Us!</a>

That should keep you busy!

Comment

Hello.
                  I like the site but I would definitely echo celebra1.
                  celebra1 has great advice.

I can only say that your pages take forever to load.
                  It's the graphics. They are huge.

Change your jpg's to gif's. That should same some load time.

In addition, some of the graphics are unnecessary, use text.
                  Graphics don't help your SEO.

Best of luck,
                  papa

Comment

Nice review celebra1!! :D Excellent points.

Comment

My Review

Thanks piaf and papa! I call 'em as I see 'em! I have been advising on site design for several years.

Comment

Yes, these are all excellent reccomendations. Don't take them as a "bashing", take them as good solid advice! In the past, anytime I have put my site up for input from others, I always WANTED to hear the bad stuff (constructive criticism)., although I must admit I always "cringed at the thought". LOL I haven't done it yet here!!!

I would add one small thing ....
                        Make your words "Shopping Cart" a link - not just the graphic of the shopping cart.

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                          Regarding your site.... you have NO DESCRIPTIONS on the products I looked at. Not good. Are your T-shirts cotton, performance poly, a cotton/poly blend? How are the images applied to the shirts? Are they silk-screened? Sublimated?

What about the sizes of your clothes? I don't see any sort of link on your product pages to a size chart that shows the dimensions of your clothing (width, length) for each size you sell.

Take a look at a site like "www.t-shirts.com". See how much text they have? It's one of the reasons they're on the first page of results when you do a search for t-shirts. Text is KING with it comes to search engine optimization. Get some descriptions on your products!
                          These are very good points. Also note that the bussiness that sell what your selling only avarge around 1.5% coversion. If your doing that or better then your in good shape, and just need to get more relavent hits. Make sure your pages contain info that lets customers and search bots know what the page is about.
                          Jimmy

Comment

Thanks so much celebra....Great advise...helps a lot! It will keep me busy, thankfully! :) Great advise.

Comment

Working...
                            X