Site Design Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Design Question

I need help removing some links in the upper right portion of my web site. I've searched everyone on the Admin panel and the template editor, and can't figure it out. I asked Support, and they couldn't find the links either. I either want to edit or remove them since most are the same as my menu bar links. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian
    babytimeorganics.com

Brian,
    Yes it can be done, but it does require editing the frame.html template. If you are comfortable doing this, let us know and we will give you more detailed info.

Comment

Sire Design Question

Barry,

Yes, I am comfortable editing the template, if you can give me step by step instructions.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Let's say you want to get rid of "My Account":
        1. Go to frame.html template
        2. Do a CTRL+F for "myaccount"
        3. You can either delete or comment out: <a href="myaccount.asp" class="link">My Account</a> I myself would comment them out in case I wanted to use the links in the future. You will also want to include any "pipes" that are redundant.
        Last edited by Barry; 07-01-2011, 01:26 AM.

Comment

No Code Removal Needed

The setting IS in admin Seeings > Design > Site Content > click Hide.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
            The setting IS in admin Seeings > Design > Site Content > click Hide.
            Actually, that does not work! At least for the two or three templates I was testing at the time, and the current one I am using.
            I even went through it (chat & phone) with support. They told me I would have to manually remove it from the frame template.

Comment

Barry,

Your suggestion worked. I deleted the extra Contact Us link. Thanks for your help.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by babytimeorganics View Post
                Your suggestion worked. I deleted the extra Contact Us link.
                Just my opinion, but in the future I would not delete, but rather "comment out" what you do not want to show. Here's why:
                1. If you simply delete code and it causes a problem, the recovery back to the "previous version" is harder to do. Besides, you can easily see/fix a mistake by seeing an error.
                2. It makes it a LOT easier if you want to enable something in the future (you never know!).
                3. If a problem occurs somewhere else on the site that may be associated with the disabled feature, troubleshooting is much easier.

Comment

Working...
                X