X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• celebra1
    replied
    Observations
    • The look and feel aspect is completely wrong. Use earth tones, NO purple.
    • Change the content area background to white - #fff; having the images float in a gray background does nothing to promote your products. It makes everything looked "washed out". White will highlight them better.
    • Use consistent font styles site-wide.
    • The background is horrible. As stated, nix it or change it to something like "bones" - something with colors that coordinate with the earth tones suggested.
    • About Us - needs a re-write. Include how long you've been in business/doing this; nix the "fluff" like "on our minds". There are some punctuation errors too.
    • Left column - nix the underline on Category - possibly change the wording from Category to Categories or CATEGORIES
    • Consider reducing your header images to a maximum height of 120px. Right now their 145px.
    • Your footer has excessive white space.
    • Learn to use list format coding and proper heading tags. EX: Wholesale page

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry View Post
    But (and this is only one persons opinion), What I notice/see/read at first: "Is-Pet" (At first I don't get it). Then I go to your "About Us" page and the opening says "IS PET stands for I’m Special PET." Now I get it!
    Very good assessment.

Logo and shall we say slogan, "should always be together"

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    Myself, I love the dog logo graghic, the wallpaper, the product picts, etc. And I also understand
    1. Logo is our company logo and is not subjected to change, thanks for your honest opinion though.
    But (and this is only one persons opinion), What I notice/see/read at first: "Is-Pet" (At first I don't get it). Then I go to your "About Us" page and the opening says "IS PET stands for I’m Special PET." Now I get it!
    Just a thought, and maybe not a good one from your end, but have you ever considered using the dog logo with the phrase " I'm A Special Pet!"?
    This is just my one opinion (wrong or right). Just a thought!
    BTW: On my end the fonts on the "About Us" page are different from top to bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    1 get rid of the purple. Opt for brown or black
    2 use the color yellow in your logo for the buttons.
    3 currant BG does nothing for you change it or loss it.

my .02
    Last edited by Go Live; 07-10-2011, 11:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ispet.eric
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    Site looks like its off to a good start, but these are things I would change if it where my site. These are just my tastes others may feel different.

1. Top banner/logo. I like the image of dogs, but do not care for the logo.

2. That wallpaper on the sides of the site I do not care for. Would try different style or just white.

3. Think you need to take credit cards. I know its tempting to just use the free paypal when starting out, but on websites in my experince most use credit cards to pay.

4. No reason to not take google checkout. It will help you show up better in google shopping. I do not get tons of bussiness via google checkout, but it is something that most sites have, and you do not want to be the site that does not have it. Also its free so no reason to not have it they only charge you if there is a sale.

These are just my thoughts I could be wrong. Hope this helps you out.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    1. Logo is our company logo and is not subjected to change, thanks for your honest opinion though.
    2. Wallpaper, we are getting mixed opinions regarding the color scheme. So we'll leave it for now.
    3. We are a foreign company and as such it is near impossible to work with Creditcard gateways supported now in 3Dcart (all require US accounts). We are looking into 3rd party CC gateways who do accept international accounts.
    4. Agreed, we kinda overlooked Google checkout but will implement it soon.

There's still a lot of work to do. SEO optimization and advertising for example.

Leave a comment:

• Rabid1
    replied
    Overall, I think the site is very tasteful. I agree with Jimmy, the logo doesn't work.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    Originally posted by ispet.eric View Post
    Hi everyone,

We finished our new website and would love your feedback.

These last 2 weeks have been one big learning experience in how HTML and CSS works, so the website still has a bit of a 'simple' look to it. Functionality was priority and we will play around with the design in the coming weeks/months.

Visit www.buypetclothes.com to see our new website.

Thank you!
    Site looks like its off to a good start, but these are things I would change if it where my site. These are just my tastes others may feel different.

1. Top banner/logo. I like the image of dogs, but do not care for the logo.

2. That wallpaper on the sides of the site I do not care for. Would try different style or just white.

3. Think you need to take credit cards. I know its tempting to just use the free paypal when starting out, but on websites in my experince most use credit cards to pay.

4. No reason to not take google checkout. It will help you show up better in google shopping. I do not get tons of bussiness via google checkout, but it is something that most sites have, and you do not want to be the site that does not have it. Also its free so no reason to not have it they only charge you if there is a sale.

These are just my thoughts I could be wrong. Hope this helps you out.

Leave a comment:

• ispet.eric
    started a topic Another new website!

Another new website!

Hi everyone,

We finished our new website and would love your feedback.

These last 2 weeks have been one big learning experience in how HTML and CSS works, so the website still has a bit of a 'simple' look to it. Functionality was priority and we will play around with the design in the coming weeks/months.

Visit www.buypetclothes.com to see our new website.

Thank you!
    Last edited by ispet.eric; 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM.
Working...
X