Drop Down Menu not working in IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Down Menu not working in IE

I am hoping that someone might be able to lead me in the right direction as I am unsure where to even start to fix this problem.

My drop down menu is working perfectly fine in FireFox and in Opera but is not aligning at all properly in IE.

I can not figure out where even to start to try to fix the positioning glitch. I assume its going to be with the CSS and not the Javascript?

www.venmill.com

Any help is appreciated and I can supply CSS script for the drop down menu.

Thank You

Hi Jessica
    Looks and works just fine in IE8.
    I see you got the image swap working and optimized.
    Last edited by Go Live; 07-06-2011, 04:13 PM.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

Yes I did ... thank you for the suggestion.

Both our IE7 and IE8 here are not working. The drop down is actually bumped over one. So for instance if you hover over "Products", the drop down menu (VMI 3500/ VMI 3550i, Elite 60, Skip-Away Pro ... ) goes below "Support" and not "Products" like it is supposed to.

Comment

Looks fine to me in both FireFox and IE8

Comment

Did you make that dropdown yourself or is there some way of doing that through the regular 3d cart menu system? BTW, you site is very nice and it works just fine on this end...

Comment

menu works well on IE9 as well.

Site looks great!
            Elegant Weddings +
            www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
            www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Works just fine for me. I see Shop Online below Shop and About Us below About.
              Try to clear the browser. Before you pull your hair out, check on a computor that has never seen your site for peace of mind.
              You know you can get some weight off you page by putting your menu script in a js file.
              Example:
              Code:
              <script type="text/javascript" src="../../../GeneratedItems/menu1.js"></script>
              In place of:
              Code:
              <script type="text/JavaScript">//<![CDATA[<!ALL THE MENU CODE YOU HAVE NOW-->//]]></script>
              Then create the GeneratedItems folder and upload the menu1.js file with your code that is inbetween the script tags ><

Enjoy!
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by swordsandweapons View Post
                Did you make that dropdown yourself or is there some way of doing that through the regular 3d cart menu system? BTW, you site is very nice and it works just fine on this end...
                The menu is selfmade
                Clayton
                Go Live Industries

Comment

Thank you! I will try that and hope for the best! :-) Thanks for all the nice comments.

Comment

Unfortunately that last suggestion didn't seem to work. I have included images below of what is correct and what IE is doing wrong.

The right way:

https://venmill.3dcartstores.com/ass...ages/right.jpg

The wrong way:

https://venmill.3dcartstores.com/ass...ages/wrong.jpg

Comment

even clearing cache didn't work?
                      Because for me your site menus show perfectly on FF5, IE9 and Chrome 12
                      Elegant Weddings +
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Jessica please don't get me wrong as most that know me know I'm a strait shooter.
                        All the reports here see your site just fine. So in the name of kicking that poor dead horse anymore, please view your site from a clean computer to keep your sanity and hair.

If there was a problem with IE viewing your site we could surly put in a browser sniffer and adjust the submenu position in your css file but that does not seem to be the case.

At one point many years ago I had a IE install that would cashe to drive and not update. I had to shutdown temp files, clean the IP lookup and fittle with some other settings.

But please look at your site from a virgin computer since IE is not behaving for you on your desktop.
                        Clayton
                        Go Live Industries

Comment

No believe me that I understand what you are saying.

I revisited this post again because I did have a colleague look at it on his computer (not at our location here) and he confirmed he was seeing the same thing I was along with another employee here in the office who on her computer is having the same problem too.

I'll figure it out. Thanks for all the replies and help.

Comment

Working...
                          X