Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange browser behavior on specific items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange browser behavior on specific items?

I'm not sure how to explain this, but on some items there is some strange buggy behavior going, which I can't explain since all products work off of same template(s). After the buggy item appears the next click creates a "cannot display page" error, but if you click refresh it shows the page.

Example goood product: Tommy Bahama 3 Piece Men's Cigar Cologne Gift Set

Example buggy product: Rumeur for Women by Lanvin EDP Spray 1.7 -

Same good product in category template: Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas

Same buggy product in category template: Rumeur by Lanvin | Cosmic-Perfume…never shop retail again!

There are a few other buggy items that I've discovered, but I can't figure out what's causing it.

Anybody have any suggestions or ideas?

If I click on the links you posted in the forum, none of the pages will pull up, just get a blank white screen. But if I copy the URL of the link and then paste it into the browser, all of them work fine. Using Firefox ver 5.0. Is that the problem you're having?

Comment

Check in Categories options and be sure that the same cat and product template are being used.

Also, you need to update custom file names in settings.
      Clayton
      Go Live Industries

Comment

It has to be something in the data - item title, description, image location etc. Check for unclosed html tags.

Also, your site does not load in Firefox or Chrome, may want to take a look.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

On second thought.

When did this start to happen?
          Did you get updated to v4?
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

I think it is an issue with the product image zoom functionality. Check you image zoom settings and make sure you have image files in the necessary directories or folders to use that function.

Comment

Our image zoom stopped working do to newly added JS so we are going without the zoom till we rewrite the conflicting reference.
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                If I click on the links you posted in the forum, none of the pages will pull up, just get a blank white screen. But if I copy the URL of the link and then paste it into the browser, all of them work fine. Using Firefox ver 5.0. Is that the problem you're having?
                This issue has been happening to me on IE 7 & 8 and Firefox 4. If you browse my site to those items, the good ones will display fine and then the buggy ones will display but with errors, but on next click browser can't display page and then on refresh you're back to the buggy product. If that makes sense? :confused:

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                Check in Categories options and be sure that the same cat and product template are being used.

Also, you need to update custom file names in settings.
                All my products work of the same listing & categpry templates.

I'm working on the custom file names, but I've already tried renaming pages on another item, as well as image name... thinking that something in the name was throwing it off, but it didn'y fix the behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                  It has to be something in the data - item title, description, image location etc. Check for unclosed html tags.

Also, your site does not load in Firefox or Chrome, may want to take a look.

That's so weird. I can open my site on FF (haven't tried Chrome) but the issues with specific products are happening. I've tried changing names, image names, etc but do't know what I'm fixing exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                    On second thought.

When did this start to happen?
                    Did you get updated to v4?

I'm not on 4 and it's been happening for a while. Given the responses so far, it's obvious this is more than a problem with one or two products and much more serious. I think that this may explain a serious conversion drop rate on my PPC recently, which I attributed at first to feed changes.

I'm just not sure what to look at or start with.
                    Last edited by cosmic; 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Currently you site is timing out at least for the last hour.

If you have changed any file names image names etc. You will need to clear cache:
                      Settings>>General>>Store settings
                      Scroll to the end of page and clear cache

Also you will need to update file names in Settings>>General>>Store Modules>> SEO tools - Update File Names.

Check to see if /assets/images/rumeur.jpg is in the correct folder as I wasn't able to load it. This is the one you gave as an example.
                      Elegant Weddings +
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                        I'm working on the custom file names
                        Did you update custom file names?

settings>general>store modules
                        update file names

Sorry if I seem to go back to basics don't want to over think, yet.

You should submit a support ticket.
                        Clayton
                        Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                          I'm not on 4
                          That's good to hear.
                          Clayton
                          Go Live Industries

Comment

Thanks Guys... Unfortunately, nothing works,

- I've changed the custom name files of the product and the category
                            - Updated custom names
                            - Cleared Cache
                            - Checked the images

No luck... same problem

Interestingly, it's not a problem on the Manufacturer page: Lanvin, because the product (Rumeur) shows up with the image. This leads me to believe that there is a problem in the listing & category templates themselves and I will have to look into them.

Either way I'll open up a support ticket. Thanks for trying to help.

ETA: What's odd is that this does not happen with the majority of our products.
                            Last edited by cosmic; 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I still can't get ANY of the links you posted (good or bad) to open up in Firefox 5 if I just click on the links. :(

Comment

Working...
                              X