Using New Template. Have Question & Looking for Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using New Template. Have Question & Looking for Input

I put the new template up yesterday here.

I noticed there were no "sale" banners on the home page for those items that are on sale. Is this something that can be corrected?

Any other input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

I'm seeing sale banners on your sale items.

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
      I'm seeing sale banners on your sale items.
      Yes you are, and so am I ;)

They were not there before, I swear!

Thx,

Rick

Comment

LOL! Good luck with the new design. :)

Comment

The new templates look nice.

Just disappointed that the main content is still the last content on the page, next to the footer that is.
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
            The new templates look nice. Just disappointed that the main content is still the last content on the page, next to the footer that is.
            I assume that you are disappointed for SEO purposes? Make the search spiders wade through all the "garbage" before getting to the "meat"????

Comment

Yes for SEO. We pay a lot on adwords and default page rank here at 3dcart is 6-7 our old cart was 9-10 rarly would we see a 7. So yes very disappointed. We have the same content but now nicer URLs the only thing left to pick on is a ton of JS and our meat buried at the bottom of the page. :(
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Suggestions
                • Move your Google checkout button. It is throwing off your right column because the button is too wide for the designated space, which decreases your content area. The button won't fit in either the left or right column, so you're left with the footer or finding one UNDER 150px wide.
                • Make the content area white. Use a light border on the product display.
                • You have some extra spaces in your text and punctuation errors. EX: About Us
                • Not crazy about the template choice. It seems too formal for your offerings.
                • Your description coding needs repair! Use consistent font styles. Refer to your <style> section. Use proper heading tags and list format. It will help SEO.
                • Limit the use of brackets in titles and descriptions. If you have something to say, say it! Brackets imply "whispering".
                • Consider switching your product detail layout to bring the BUY button UP the page. The default product detail page is horrible on all 3D templates.
                • Nix the 3D self-promotion in the footer.
                • Add your payment methods and shipping methods to the header or footer. No one likes surprises when it comes to those 2 things.
                • Link your email address whenever referring to it, but cloak it, OR link the reference to your Contact page.
                • SSL?
                • BBB?

These comments are meant to be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                  • Move your Google checkout button. It is throwing off your right column because the button is too wide for the designated space, which decreases your content area. The button won't fit in either the left or right column, so you're left with the footer or finding one UNDER 150px wide.
                  • Make the content area white. Use a light border on the product display.
                  • You have some extra spaces in your text and punctuation errors. EX: About Us
                  • Not crazy about the template choice. It seems too formal for your offerings.
                  • Your description coding needs repair! Use consistent font styles. Refer to your <style> section. Use proper heading tags and list format. It will help SEO.
                  • Limit the use of brackets in titles and descriptions. If you have something to say, say it! Brackets imply "whispering".
                  • Consider switching your product detail layout to bring the BUY button UP the page. The default product detail page is horrible on all 3D templates.
                  • Nix the 3D self-promotion in the footer.
                  • Add your payment methods and shipping methods to the header or footer. No one likes surprises when it comes to those 2 things.
                  • Link your email address whenever referring to it, but cloak it, OR link the reference to your Contact page.
                  • SSL?
                  • BBB?

These comments are meant to be helpful.
                  Thank you so much for taking the time to help! I will certainly consider all of your suggestions.

Would you mind looking again after I implement as many as I can?

Rick

Comment

Your Request

Certainly! We're here to help each other, right? I've been designing and critiquing sites for 11 years.

Your 1st step is in moving the Google checkout.....

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                      Certainly! We're here to help each other, right? I've been designing and critiquing sites for 11 years.

Your 1st step is in moving the Google checkout.....
                      I moved the Google checkout, but it seemed to make no difference in the layout. I'm not sure why.

If you were choosing a template , which one would it be?

Thanks,
                      Rick

Comment

Right Column

I see the Google checkout button in the right column. The easiest way to find things when working with source code is to:

1st - open Notepad
                        2nd - copy your ENTIRE frame code into Notepad
                        3rd - go back to the frame code
                        4th - in your browser go to Edit > Find
                        5th - key in Google
                        6th - keep clicking next until you find the section with the button

Make sure you're in the right column. Look for this:

<!--END: RIGHT BAR-->

It should be right before that.

Comment

Working...
                        X