No announcement yet.

RE-Designed Site Need Feedback Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE-Designed Site Need Feedback Please!!

We have re-designed our site and really need some feedback. For those of you who know what our site looked like please tell me better or worse, and I would be grateful if you know what the site looked like or not if you could give our new design a 1-10 review. Also any feedback on what you do not like is welcome too. Thank you!
    Jimmy

I like this much better! One thing, I'm sorta "on the fence" with the font used for the headings for the boxes (Products, Mailing List, etc). Not sure but maybe it should be the same as the font used in your logo - more traditional and not so modern?!?!

Anyway, I think this design and logo fit your products much better than the "tent-like" template.

Comment

I certainly like the new logo.
      The new colors are much more suitable than the "eBay" colors you had earlier.
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Here is my 2 cents... Modify the template to remove the product reviews. Let the site send the review emails to customers and when the product have enough reviews put them back in the template.

With showing all products with no reviews it makes it look like you have not sold anything and leaves the impression that no one shops there. I would rather shop at a site that has lots of product reviews so I feel comfortable that other have made purchases and were happy with the outcome.

Comment

Much classier looking! I agree with the idea about reviews - will have to see if that's an issue on my store although using power reviews I now have a lot more reviews...

I agree on removing the ebay references too! Looks very nice now.
          Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
            Here is my 2 cents... Modify the template to remove the product reviews. Let the site send the review emails to customers and when the product have enough reviews put them back in the template.

With showing all products with no reviews it makes it look like you have not sold anything and leaves the impression that no one shops there. I would rather shop at a site that has lots of product reviews so I feel comfortable that other have made purchases and were happy with the outcome.
            Not sure I am understand are you saying there is an option to only show reviews on items that have reviews on them? If so how do I turn this on? I thank you in advance for your help.
            Jimmy

Comment

I think he's saying to fully remove ALL reviews off the site, but still solicit them. Once you've built up enough reviews, re enable all of the reviews.

I would agree that having no reviews is an issue...but most smaller websites run into this problem anyways. Realistically, the items you want the reviews the most on are the highest trafficked items. Look at your analytics, find out where the most of your traffic is going to. Find previous customers that have bought those items, and offer a special incentive to give a review. Make them feel special that you are specifically reaching out to them, as opposed to automated review responses...

Comment

I did it once but forgot how I did. How can I change the item title text on the homepage, and checkout page of the items title in the css I forgot. Thank you!
                Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by BestCostumeSite View Post
                  I think he's saying to fully remove ALL reviews off the site, but still solicit them. Once you've built up enough reviews, re enable all of the reviews. I would agree that having no reviews is an issue
                  I agree with BestCostumeSite and tmilone - reviews are great, unless you don't have any for the majority of products. Obviously you don't want to wait until you have 3-4 reviews for EVERY single product. Wait (to show reviews) until you have the majority or the top sellers with reviews. BTW, If you have "old" reviews, by all means, manually insert them. No reason why you can not show praise from your old website, or even letters, emails, etc.

Comment

Here is one more suggestion. Unless you can afford to be the cheapest don't use manufacture part numbers.

For example lets say I look at your site and see:

Anniversary 14k Yellow Gold EP CZ Ring Size 6 - Your price $31.98 Part Number listed: R07784G-C01-06

I think wow I like that. I copy the part number and paste it into Google and immediately I see the same item for $19.80 from someone else.

eCommerce is a tough game today and I find that more and more people are always hunting for the best price so I try not to use manufacture part numbers on my site so if they see something they like I don't make it easy for them to find it elsewhere cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
                      Here is one more suggestion. Unless you can afford to be the cheapest don't use manufacture part numbers.

For example lets say I look at your site and see:

Anniversary 14k Yellow Gold EP CZ Ring Size 6 - Your price $31.98 Part Number listed: R07784G-C01-06

I think wow I like that. I copy the part number and paste it into Google and immediately I see the same item for $19.80 from someone else.

eCommerce is a tough game today and I find that more and more people are always hunting for the best price so I try not to use manufacture part numbers on my site so if they see something they like I don't make it easy for them to find it elsewhere cheaper.
                      I agree...kind of. If you remove the manufacturer part number from the website, it hurts you for SEO purposes for anyone actually looking for that part number directly. If you sell the type of products that no one would ever look to search for them by part numbers - then it probably is a disadvantage to do so. But if you are in an industry driven by part numbers (think appliance parts, printer cartridges, electronics, etc), it would be foolish to hurt your SEO efforts by not including them.

If you do find it necessary to want to put it on there...but don't want price comparisons..."mask" the part number. Put a couple random letters in front or behind it. In our case, we use a designation for the manufacturer as the first two or three letters. That way, they search in google for PP-R07784G-C01-06, hardly anything comes up. However, google is smart enough for website indexing purposes to find the actual part number. For relevancy sake, it's unlikely you will be ranked as high as someone who has the actual part number listed - but it's a work around.

Comment

Originally posted by BestCostumeSite View Post
                        I agree...kind of. If you remove the manufacturer part number from the website, it hurts you for SEO purposes for anyone actually looking for that part number directly. If you sell the type of products that no one would ever look to search for them by part numbers - then it probably is a disadvantage to do so. But if you are in an industry driven by part numbers (think appliance parts, printer cartridges, electronics, etc), it would be foolish to hurt your SEO efforts by not including them.

If you do find it necessary to want to put it on there...but don't want price comparisons..."mask" the part number. Put a couple random letters in front or behind it. In our case, we use a designation for the manufacturer as the first two or three letters. That way, they search in google for PP-R07784G-C01-06, hardly anything comes up. However, google is smart enough for website indexing purposes to find the actual part number. For relevancy sake, it's unlikely you will be ranked as high as someone who has the actual part number listed - but it's a work around.
                        Ya all our items will have to have this anyway because we deal with over 5 different jewelers, so we have to do this to help us when we are trunning in orders. We just do not have everything out yet. At this point we only have out around 1.3k we have close to 3k items so still long way to go. Thank you for advice all getting good ideas please keep them comming.
                        Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          Ya all our items will have to have this anyway because we deal with over 5 different jewelers, so we have to do this to help us when we are trunning in orders. We just do not have everything out yet. At this point we only have out around 1.3k we have close to 3k items so still long way to go. Thank you for advice all getting good ideas please keep them comming.
                          Your part number does not to be the same as the manufacture part number. You have 2 different fields when adding products. You need to decide what is more important to you and your business.

Do you want to be found by someone who is searching for rings to buy online or by someone who is searching the manufacture part number of a particular ring. If they are searching by manufacture part number and the first person they see is cheaper than you they will not buy it from your site when they get to your site.

I rather SEO for the main keywords (rings, jewelery, etc.) and not focus on manufacture part numbers. Once you get the customer to your site you want then to buy from you so don't make it easy for them to find the item cheaper elsewhere.

Comment

Much more elegant but I want more.
                            • Maybe change your top seller and site buttons to match the burgandy in your logo and ditch the RED.
                            • The footer looks uneven.
                            • Maybe introduce a third color say gold
                            • Need a 800 number (even if it goes to a answering machine) Presentation of a 800 number adds to your credibility.

Seems I'm not going to be able to talk you out of the Amazon and eBay references.

What happen to the Jewelry care guide (great for SEO)

Still need a nice slow fading banner with some happy people (full of smiles) enjoying your product.

At the moment I rate you at a 5. The other template a 2

Your getting closer :)
                            Clayton
                            Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                              Much more elegant but I want more.
                              • Maybe change your top seller and site buttons to match the burgandy in your logo and ditch the RED.
                                Answer: I did, and also changed the add to cart buttons to match. It looks like the right color to me would be great if you could take another look to see if it does to you. Also changed item titles away from red to a grey. Let me know what you think please.
                              • The footer looks uneven.
                                Answer: Your totally correct will get to that soon was just not 1 on my list of things to do. Had a little trouble finding where to edit it. What I was wanting to do is put the copyright under the Find and CC seals.
                              • Maybe introduce a third color say gold
                                Answer: Not sure about this, what would you suggest I use the third color on?
                              • Need a 800 number (even if it goes to a answering machine) Presentation of a 800 number adds to your credibility.
                                Answer: This was already on its way only reason I have not done it yet is just got new SSL and template want to see how much
                                improvement in sales it gets before adding 800 number, that way I know what is helping our site. Just do not want to change it all at once.

Seems I'm not going to be able to talk you out of the Amazon and eBay references.
                              Answer: No this one we will have to agree to disagree. I think it helps us to show our good reviews at least until we get more product reviews. However I did change the way they are shown, and would love your feedback on the new look.

What happen to the Jewelry care guide (great for SEO)
                              Answer: Its still there bottom on our blog JpwJewelry jewelry blog, jewelry guides, and jewelry info

Still need a nice slow fading banner with some happy people (full of smiles) enjoying your product.
                              Answer: Ya I know we need better top graphic its on my list.

At the moment I rate you at a 5. The other template a 2
                              Answer: Well at least its improvement :)

Your getting closer :)
                              Thank you for your help, your advice is really helping. I put the answers to your advice above. Also wanted to ask could you PM or put your url here I would like to get some
                              inspiration from your sites, just to get an idea of how you do things as far as layouts and what not as you seem more
                              experienced then I.

Thanks again for your help everyone! Keep feedback coming its really helping.
                              Last edited by Jimmy; 07-24-2011, 06:29 AM.
                              Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                              X