New Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site

A little background about myself: I am 19 years old, and have been in the reselling/retail business since 16 on either eBay or apparel/accessory (mostly street brand) forums. Recently I decided to flip the the switch and create my own store front website.

So, any comments, suggestions, problems, constructive criticism would greatly be appreciated. Please excuse the limited products/categories as I am still editing the photos adding to it right now. My desired launch date is August 1, 2011, just wanted some opinions before I start advertising.

My site: snapsandfitted.com

Just a couple of things for now...
    1. I find the the blue is a little two hard on the eyes against the white background. Perhaps you can make it a tad bit darker. Excessive use of florescent colors tends to make a site look amateur
    2. The menu - if you want to keep all small letters make at least the f.a.q to FAQ
    3. Google Checkout - I do not see it on View Cart page yet, perhaps you are not there yet in your process....
    These are only my .02
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I'd have to agree about the teal color.... it just doesn't seem to fit with what you're trying to sell. I usually see teal on children's sites or women's jewelry sites, but for selling baseball caps? Not to sound sexist, but you just might want to change that teal to something more "manly". :)

Comment

A Few Observations
        • Your store name in the banner is TOO BIG. It is throwing off your site. If it doesn't fit on the screen without scrolling, you've lost me as a potential buyer - consider reducing banner to no more than 600px x 100px - you don't need to scream your name. If you're good, you will be remembered! ;) Besides, you're selling PRODUCTS, not your name. Reducing your banner area height will bring the products into view better.
        • Unbalanced - move some things into your left column
        • As was stated, the aqua is a bit intense.
        • Good "About Us" :)
        • Reduce white space on the FAQ page

Best of Luck!
        Last edited by celebra1; 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the constructive criticism guys, I seriously appreciate it! I fixed the google checkout and will look into down-sizing my logo.

The reason why I chose Teal was because my store is directed towards the younger crowd. For some reason bright colors like teal, orange, purple attracts them. Like the current popular street brands; diamond supply co, stussy, etc. all utilize a bright mix of colors. And not only that, many hats of my best selling hats are of the colors purple/orange, teal/white, etc. But if teal really do not work, I'll look into changing that as well.

But, I sincerely thank you for taking your time in helping me review my site.

Comment

Maybe just darken the teal up a bit so that it isn't so difficult to read on the white background. Too much eye strain could cause people to leave your site.

Comment

I'll go ahead and do that now!

Comment

I just did a search on Google for fitted caps and looked at the sites listed on the first page of results. The majority of the sites are black and white or beige/black/white. One had orange thrown in there, one was blue/black/white, one was red/black/white, but none of them had bright teal.

I realize a lot of the caps you sell use that color, but using it in clothing and using on the web as your product title text are two different things. Usability/readability is key when trying to draw customers in and keep them on your site long enough to buy something.

Comment

A little background about myself: I am 19 years old, and have been in the reselling/retail business since 16 on either eBay or apparel/accessory (mostly street brand) forums. Recently I decided to flip the the switch and create my own store front website.
                  First off I must say "hat's off to you". It sounds as if you are a go-getter AND your website isn't really that bad at all!! But, the comments so far are from some VERY seasoned veterens and mostly correct. I say mostly because I myself am not the "younger crowd". Maybe the bright teal will work, maybe not - you would know as you are much younger than I (sigh) lol.

I did notice one thing though, the scrolling banner on your homepage, seemed to go blank after the 4th or 5th image. It just kept scrolling but nothing was showing. I'm using IE8.

Comment

Working...
                  X