Product Option Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Option Images

I am new to 3dcart and confused about the number of option images for a single product. I need to display up to 10 small thumbnails for a single product.

Products> View/Edit> Images tab> Additional Images -- this option only allows you three images. 4 images display on the product page (auto includes product image).

What do I need to modify to be able to display more than 4? Did I miss a setting somewhere?

I am not interested in the image gallery function or the drop image function as a solution for this.

Really appreciate any feedback.

To increase the number of images to display with the main image you will need custom coding.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Understood. Not sure where to start. Any suggestions? Would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by imz View Post
        Understood. Not sure where to start. Any suggestions? Would be appreciated!
        Hi... Take a look at this page: Blood Orange

If you notice I have the four main images at the top, you look about half way down there is a place called "label" and it shows the label of the tea. This label is the first image in the Image Gallery.

This image is known as [image5], the second image in the gallery would be [image6].

So in your product template just copy the code that shows your 4 thumbnails, and change [image1] to [image5] and so on.

Comment

Thank you! This solution worked and I was able to display an unlimited number of images.

However, the additional images do not behave the same as typical option thumbnails below a product -- i.e. when you click on them, rather than displaying in the main image area, they launch a full size image (opens a browser window).

Not able to figure out what else needs to be modified for this to work?

Any additional assistance is appreciated!

Comment

You will have to mess with the javascript at the bottom of the page... you should see some script referencing the 4 main images... see if you can modify it by duplicating whats there and changing it.

Comment

Thank you again! My oversight.

I modified the following. It worked like a charm. :)

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
              //thumbnail script
              var image1,image2,image3,image4,image5,image6,image7,i mage8,selectedimage;
              var imagemaxwidth, imagemaxheight

imagemaxwidth=[image_medium_w];
              imagemaxheight=0;

image1="[image1]";
              image2="[image2]";
              image3="[image3]";
              image4="[image4]";
              image5="[image5]";
              image6="[image6]";
              image7="[image7]";
              image8="[image8]";
              imagecaption1="[imagecaption1]";
              imagecaption2="[imagecaption2]";
              imagecaption3="[imagecaption3]";
              imagecaption4="[imagecaption4]";
              imagecaption5="[imagecaption5]";
              imagecaption6="[imagecaption6]";
              imagecaption7="[imagecaption7]";
              imagecaption8="[imagecaption8]";
              selectedimage='[image1]'; //pre load image1

Comment

I tried replacing image1 with image5, image2 with image 6 and got this error during the upload... Error: 1 or more unknown fields:image5,image6,

Any ideas on how to upload the images? Thank you.
                Jason
                -----------
                http://www.estorecoaching.com

Comment

can you cut / paste your code so we can review?

Comment

actually, it wasnt the code, it was the upload file.
                    I replace the image1 and image2 column with image5, image6 and I also trying adding it to the last columns in the spreadsheet. I wanted to see if I can upload it before I change the code. Thanks.
                    Jason
                    -----------
                    http://www.estorecoaching.com

Comment

Working...
                    X