My new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new site

Hey everyone this is my first time here and would like to get some feedback on my site. Any problems you may see, suggestions, I know I am having trouble getting the orange color to all match, etc...
    I would also like to add a slideshow to my site but can't seem to find one so if anyone can point me in the right direction, thanks in advance.
    My site is Gameroomz Plus - Billiard Supplies, Pool Cues, Pool Cue Cases, and Accessories
    Last edited by 9OTB; 09-01-2011, 04:22 AM.

For slideshow info, check out this thread in the forums:

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...-new-post.html

Comment

My New Site

Thanks I will look into both of those slide show options.

Comment

Just a design thought - you sell billiard gear - why not change the top graphic (prob more for from black to billiard table felt green?

Comment

My New Site

Yes I would Like to Have something like that, but I do not know how. I will try changing my theme and see if that is any better.
          Last edited by 9OTB; 09-01-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

you can also save yourself some bandwidth and make your images the correct size. I'm currently on a slow internet connection and your logo takes forever to load (its 1400px wide though).

it also doesnt fit on my screen (small monitor here)

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the slow loading as well. For example, your logo image is 1,422px × 686px (scaled to 279px × 125px). Just resize your logo to 279 x 125 and upload it to your store so that it doesn't have to be rescaled. That's slowing things down for you.

Comment

It was fast when I checked in terms of load times, but the page width was all messed up. I could only see about 3/4 of the page and the edges were all cut off. Aesthetically, the top banner seemed to have only things on the left half, and the right was all just black. I would suggest balancing that out a bit.
                Laura Z
                Brass & Silver Traditions
                www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

My New Site

Ok, I think I have some of the issues fixed, however my site looks different in IE than it does in chrome, or firefox, i haven't had a chance to check safari yet but will soon. Any ideas why?

Comment

Loads MUCH faster now. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 9OTB View Post
                      Ok, I think I have some of the issues fixed, however my site looks different in IE than it does in chrome, or firefox, i haven't had a chance to check safari yet but will soon. Any ideas why?
                      that would be from your CSS coding... and part of the reason I DESPISE tables. I've re-written 90% of our site in DIV format to alleviate some of those issues.

Comment

My new site

It seems the reason for the pages being sooo wide and having to scroll LtoR is tha I had too many links in the top menu. once I took a couple out the scrolling issue went away. I glad the load time has improved. Are there any other issues anyone is seeing?
                        Thanks

Comment

Observations
                          • The logo plus top navigation row should ideally be 120px or less. Reduce your logo to a 100px height.
                          • Your thumbnails are too big and pushing your right column out of view. Thumbnail images should never exceed 150px, ideally they should be 125px.
                          • You're on the right track with your opening text. Eliminate the "fluff". Get to the point better.

<div style="text-align:center;">
                          <span style="text-align:left;"><h2>Pool Cues - Pool Cue Cases - Pool Cue Accessories - Billiard Supplies</span></h2>
                          Gameroomz Plus offers pool cues, pool cue accessories, pool cue cases, pool table lights and more. Our pool cue selection is one of the largest with major manufactures such as Lucasi, Players, McDermott, Joss Cues and Cuetec. Find pool cue cases in many styles, sizes and colors. We provide a 30 Day money back guarantee on all of our products.</div>
                          • Nix the 30 day guarantee in the banner area OR from the opening text. No need to repeat.
                          • Nix the top 2 lines in the banner.
                          • Nix the Need Help? in the banner - replace it with a proportionately sized phone image or leave it by itself - at the very least, make it a different color than the other text and formatted like this: (734) 395-2029
                          • Make the banner text a lighter color - white? yellow?
                          • The Free Shipping message could be moved to the right and on 2 - 3 lines - it's a bit overwhelming with the bright white against the black. Ir could be smaller too.
                          • Thank you to you all. (?) Poor grammar! Maybe "Thank You for Your Trust"
                          • The lower opening text is wasted real estate - better suited for About Us
                          • Contact Us needs business hours

Getting your images, ALL of them, properly sized is a priority. A visitor should not have to scroll to see your entire page. Your product detail pages should be set at 400px MAX. The zoom feature will help if added detail is necessary.

Comment

My new site

Thank you. I am no longer seening a scrolling issue. I have checked on different size monitors, different browsers. Is everyone else seeing it needing to scroll? I just am not seeing it on my end. I am trying to adjust some of the image sizes.

Comment

My site

Can anyone tell my why my site looks different in different browsers? I would like it to look the way it does in IE for all browsers, but it is wider in all others.

Comment

Working...
                              X