New Design Need Feedback Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Design Need Feedback Please!

Have done lots of changes to our site, and could use some feedback on our updated look. I thank you in advance for your help.

Cubic Zirconia Rings, CZ Rings, CZ Solitaire Rings, fashion jewelry
    Jimmy

looks nice!
    At first glance:
    • The home page is slightly larger than the other pages, try to make it the same size. When you flip from page to page you see the screen flicker to readjust for the size
    • U.S. Checks and Money Orders are Accepted Also. I would change it to say (without capitalization and dropping the word Also): U.S. Checks and Money Orders are accepted. In my opinion, buyers who knows Google Checkout and PayPal knows how it works and what is accepted, I wouldn't use the word "also"
    Good luck!
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Could anyone else give some feedback like it hate it? I thank you in advance for your help!
      Jimmy

Comment

Good

Facebook store: you need 30 fans to get a url as in facebook.com/yourcompany

Some images are longer than others so your product boxes do not all align.

I sell only a few products so storytelling is a big part of my website (and growing). I don't know anything about selling jewelry online, however, if people who buy jewelery like a story, then your descriptions are lacking. If they "see and buy" then you are in good shape.

You don't list your products by usage or occasion, which might be useful.

All in all a good start. I can't make a recommendation as I work in a different industry. However, for my business, I would add significant informational pages and I would add a story for each product along with suggested uses. I would also offer the ability to sort by use.

Good luck.

Comment

I'd personally make the whole top banner white if you're going to give the logo a white background. It will flow a bit nicer.

you also have a perfect setup to make the background colour change on the hover for the top buttons... I'd go that method to make it slightly more visually pleasing.

other than those You're off to a great start on the homepage :D

Comment

I would put the Geo Trust on the footer along with the upfront and google check out. Your font across the site is also grey you might want it to be black, easier on the eyes. Here is something to try.... google "printable ring sizer" might be usefull to allow a customer to print off a ring sizer so they can get a size just in case they dont knew.
            Tim Ace
            The Digital Cig
            Electronic Cigarettes - Joyetech

Comment

Originally posted by timace View Post
              I would put the Geo Trust on the footer along with the upfront and google check out. Your font across the site is also grey you might want it to be black, easier on the eyes. Here is something to try.... google "printable ring sizer" might be usefull to allow a customer to print off a ring sizer so they can get a size just in case they dont knew.
              We have a print out sizer in the blog. Mabey I sould add a easier to see link to it. Thank you for all your feedback guys please keep it comming it really helps.
              Jimmy

Comment

A Few Suggestions
                • As was stated, change the banner to white. You will need to change the banner text to #000 and put a border on the search box.
                • Your pages are loading s-l-o-w-l-y
                • Change the top nav bar to #000 - re-arrange your links on it as Home > About Us > Contact Us > My Account > Gift Registry > Blog
                • Change the title bars to a color that MATCHES the color in your logo - NOT red, more of a mauve.
                • Your text does not "flow" right, has CZ and cubic zirconia used too often in an unnatural writing style. You are writing for visitors, not the bots. You have several grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors throughout your site. Case in point (1 example):" Cubic zirconia rings and CZ rings make worderful gifts, and are the perfect way to show your love." = over-use of keyword(s), no need for comma and a misspelling. That's the 1st line of your opening text!
                • Make your text black.
                • Your home page Featured section needs 10px padding.
                • Consider moving your Twitter & FB to the footer.
                • Line 2 of your opening text: "Our eternity band CZ rings are a traditional anniversary ring, they will let her know how you still feel." Really? If I got a "fake" diamond it would be our last anniversary! Seriously, that line needs a re-write! Try, "Eternity rings are traditional anniversary gifts. Our CZ eternity ring is perfect for those on a budget."
                • Why the over-sized text in the footer? Put all your payment choices on one row, all images and not so small/reduced that they are hard to see.
                • Your Make an Offer link leads to a blank page....
                • Your footer Resources page link is broken.
                • Link your logo to Home

That should keep you busy today!

Comment

Working...
                X