New Change to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Change to site

Hello 3dcart family i have made some big changes to my site. Throw me your opinion and let me know what you think.

The Digital Cig - Electronic Cigarettes - Great Wholesale Pricing

Thank you,

Tim Ace
    Tim Ace
    The Digital Cig
    Electronic Cigarettes - Joyetech

Tim,
    I am going to be totally honest ... keep in mind this is "just my opinion".
    At first glance, I didn't like the logo. Looks a bit too "psychedelic younger generation".

Please don't take this the wrong way, this is just my opinion and I could very well be wrong!!
    Last edited by Barry; 09-27-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
      Tim,
      I am going to be totally honest ... keep in mind this is "just my opinion".
      At first glance, I didn't like the logo. Looks a bit too "psychedelic younger generation".

Please don't take this the wrong way, this is just my opinion and I could very well be wrong!!
      I am part of the younger generation :) But i am open to suggestions. I am trying to keep a clean look but incorporate the digital aspect in it some how and the logo seemed to be the best i could come up with.
      Tim Ace
      The Digital Cig

Comment

I'm with barry on this one... it's very busy and very bright.

I took a poke around and my eyes were always drawn to sections they shouldnt be.

I think a logo change and a color change would go a long way... but that's my opinion for what it's worth

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelen View Post
          I'm with barry on this one... it's very busy and very bright.

I took a poke around and my eyes were always drawn to sections they shouldnt be.

I think a logo change and a color change would go a long way... but that's my opinion for what it's worth
          So that is 2 for logo change. any suggestions? should i use solid color or tone down the brightness? I am also wanting the name to pop a little. LOL you wont forget the sites name after leaving :-)
          Tim Ace
          The Digital Cig

Comment

Site looks pretty cool with a couple of minor suggestions.

I like the logo idea but it seems to blend in too much. Seems to lose the word digital. Maybe make it like the other words.

Tone down the font size overall.

Let the categories collapse until you click on them. Makes people hunt a little more.
            David
            David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Opinion
              • Move the text that is above the logo - WRONG placement
              • Re-size the logo - smaller
              • Mute the banner background - fade a few shades
              • CHANGE the "neon indigo" headings to match the logo muted blue. As a visitor, you "lost" me with that color. I'd be gone! It's too "loud" and distracting. Looks unprofessional IMHO. Choose a color scheme and stick to it. That color HAS to go!
              • Why do you have About Us info at the bottom of your home page?
              • Your credit card and shipping images are blurry. My guess is that you were trying to match the ssl height. Instead, get a properly sized image, or a larger one and reduce it.
              • There is a huge gap in your Facebook info. Find a better fit.
              • Switch out the opening Joytech message with the text What are Electronic Cigarettes? message.
              • You don't need Starter Kits in your top nav bar....duplication on your home page
              • The Shopping Cart and Log In are "lost in space" - need better visibility or placement
              • Where's your About Us?

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                • Move the text that is above the logo - WRONG placement
                • Re-size the logo - smaller
                • Mute the banner background - fade a few shades
                • CHANGE the "neon indigo" headings to match the logo muted blue. As a visitor, you "lost" me with that color. I'd be gone! It's too "loud" and distracting. Looks unprofessional IMHO. Choose a color scheme and stick to it. That color HAS to go!
                • Why do you have About Us info at the bottom of your home page?
                • Your credit card and shipping images are blurry. My guess is that you were trying to match the ssl height. Instead, get a properly sized image, or a larger one and reduce it.
                • There is a huge gap in your Facebook info. Find a better fit.
                • Switch out the opening Joytech message with the text What are Electronic Cigarettes? message.
                • You don't need Starter Kits in your top nav bar....duplication on your home page
                • The Shopping Cart and Log In are "lost in space" - need better visibility or placement
                • Where's your About Us?

Hope this helps!
                did some more major changes. Im not happy with back ground. any suggestions. I also cant get the background image to line up with the repeat-x or no repeat, it just seems to be off so i made it light blue for now untill i can find a decent background. any suggestions is appreciated.
                Tim Ace
                The Digital Cig

Comment

Your legalese is black on almost back and had I not seen the faint lettering and then cursored over to highlight it I would never have seen it. If you're trying to hide that disclaimer it works, if not, ruh roh

Wow celebra1 I'd almost be afraid to have you look my site over, although your insight is always spot on from your past posts...that's what scares me LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
                    Your legalese is black on almost back and had I not seen the faint lettering and then cursored over to highlight it I would never have seen it. If you're trying to hide that disclaimer it works, if not, ruh roh

Wow celebra1 I'd almost be afraid to have you look my site over, although your insight is always spot on from your past posts...that's what scares me LOL
                    i cleared my cache it should be blue with black letters. the old background was black so you might be looking at the old version.
                    Tim Ace
                    The Digital Cig

Comment

I'm not sure, I just used Chrome and FF and they look the same. Haven't logged onto your site in Chrome before, but used it in case I was seeing what was being cached
                      Attached Files

Comment

Personally I think you have a awesome opportunity for a themed website... with specializing in such a specific product you can play off of that and create something that is no doubt amazing. it just takes time and energy but will make the shopping experience second to none.

Comment

Im getting this:
                          Attached Files
                          Tim Ace
                          The Digital Cig

Comment

welcome to cross browser configuration ;) they all do different things!

Comment

2nd Time
                              • Your info is "mostly" in the correct order now. Are your links/images for social media more important than what you sell?
                              • Check out grsite.com for a background image
                              • Better use of space
                              • Center top opening text needs 5px padding on the left
                              • Still not crazy about the neon indigo top nav & title bars

PLEASE take my commentary as constructive critique. It is only MY opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X