No announcement yet.

How to access "white space" in header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to access "white space" in header?

Hi all!

How can I access the portion of the header that seems to have a lot of blank/white space? It's towards the right-hand side, underneath/around the following (see attached screen shot for clarification):

Home | My Account | Contact Us | Shopping Cart Shopping Cart - 2 item(s) / Total: $18.95

Thanks in advance!
    James
    Attached Files

You can go to Settings > Design > headers & footers and put your own code there (make sure to check the box). Otherwise you can edit it directly in frame.html

Comment

Load Safari on your machine. It has a developers tools feature, much better than firebug for ff in my opinion, that lets you pick apart a web site. It won't tell you the template it's in but it gives you a really nice starting point. You can use the code you see to search in the templates. I use the thing all the time to work on mine.
      David
      David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Load Safari on your machine. It has a developers tools feature, much better than firebug for ff in my opinion
        Hmm, interesting David. I use FF all the time and find it very helpful. I'll have to take a look at Safari and see! Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Barry, unless they have fixed Firebug for FF there was flaw in it that crashed your connection speed by as much as 50% when it was installed, not just enabled. I was using it until then.
          David
          David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

I prefer Safari as well. Don't use FF as much anymore for viewing source. Never knew that was why FF was so slow. My email host (for other store) has attachment size issues with Safari and not FF. But, that's off topic so just a heads up if it happens to you.
            Last edited by kem; 10-16-2011, 11:58 AM.
            kem
            AddressNumbers.com
            Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Thanks to all of you! That's very helpful and I'm excited to take a look and start playing around with it!

-James

Comment

Hey All,

You may want to check out the Web Developers Tools that come in FF8 under the Tools menu.

The insight tool is very handy!
                Keith

Comment

Working...
                X