Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction; Feedback Requested

Hello everyone,

I've been going about this forum a little backwards by posting and responding to posts before a formal introduction.

But I recently switched my site from MonsterCommerce and have been very happy with 3dcart so far and the flexibility that it offers.

After finally making the switch one week ago - last Wednesday - I've noticed that my sales have slipped even though my visitor count in Google Analytics is starting to slowly increase. My site is about 7 months or so old, so still pretty new.

My main concern right now is that I seem to be having several incomplete orders every day. I want to be sure that I don't have something that's causing people to abandon their shopping carts - aside from the normal reasons - them choosing to shop around.

Could someone please take a look at my site design and navigation and see if there is anything that doesn't seem right or that needs tweaking. Well, I guess something could always be tweaked, but if you all could please take a quick peek and give me some feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, for those of you who switched from MC to 3dcart - what were the major changes that you noticed in the search engines and sales after switching and how long did it take? I have noticed that MSN used to bring me the most visitors when I was with MC, but now that my site is hosted with 3dcart - the numbers have dropped dramatically while Google seems to be increasing.

Please note: I do have to fix a couple of links, but other than that - any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

http://www.scribetime.com

Looks good to me. The only thing that I would say is that the links at the bottom of the page (Home, about us, contact us, etc.) are really hard to see due to the lack of contrast.

I did add some products to a cart and started to checkout with no problems. I did remember to empty the cart before closing the site so I wouldn't leave an incomplete sale.

Comment

Mueller,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my site and for providing feedback.
      It's much appreciated! :)

I'll be sure to change the links at the bottom to be more readable.

Comment

Mueller,

Quick question. Did you view my site in Firefox or Internet Explorer? I just saw that Firefox shows my site MUCH differently than IE. The links that you mentioned in my footer are white in IE and unbeknownst to me - blue in Firefox.

How do you design for both? Oh well, back to the drawing board. Although most of my visitors use IE, I need to correct some things that aren't showing up correctly in Firefox.

Comment

I use FF most of the time unless I need to use IE for a specific site. I was definitely using FF when I visited your site. I should have noted that. I on XP using FF 2.0.

While the majority of people are still using IE if you combine IE6 & IE7, FF is a solid percentage of users. However if you are using any stats tracking you can see what your particular visitor segment is using. You can also take a look here. I generally test and get things set up using FF and then give a good once-over with IE to catch anything that breaks.

Comment

Working...
          X