Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site - Feedback appreciated

Hello fellow 3DCart Subscribers.

I am in the process of moving over from ProStores and nearly done with the design. I have already received kind assistance from Celebra1 (thanks...you are a huge help) but would like add'l feedback. Still some details like homepage slideshow images and promo boxes to add in, but it is close.

Site is here: AMX Home

Styled Blog: AMX Blog

"Cart" page is styled, still working on checkout pages.

Feedback appreciated...thanks!!

BP

Looks nicely done, I like the graphics and your listing page.
    My first impression on the home page is that the content is pushed way down. You have about 315px of headers before you get to the content. I would bring more of your content up above the fold.

Comment

Congrats!

We're so glad to have you at 3dcart! The site looks great - love the logo and the clean design. For the slider, consider choosing pictures that fill the entire width of the sldider - even if it fills it with white space like your goggles picture. Other than that, everything looks great!

Comment

Hi Brtp4
        • You might be able to overcome the huge white space issue in the slideshow by moving the thumbnail navigation vertically. Re-sizing and cropping white space helps too.
        • Customer Service - free beer and pretzels? :cool:

It's coming along nicely. Get your taxonomy done!

Comment

Thanks all.

ELB, I know scrolling is not good, but I have decided to go against the CW and make the site really big anyway. I will probably pay a penalty for it but I am gambling that against the brand look I wanted. FWIW I am going to mod the jQuery before launch to remove the thumbs, and the 4th promo box, and move everything up a little. Not a big change but should help.

3dL, thanks for your comments too. The images were just placeholders, I have to design and upload new ones, and I don't know much coding, so I am behind. I threw some stuff up there quick for now.

Cindy (thanks AGAIN btw...) the vert thumbs idea....that's a really good one...wish I had asked you earlier!!!

And BTW, we have NINE microbreweries here....

BP

Comment

I love the design! Great job!
            (¯`v´¯)
            `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
            (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
            * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
            www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
            www.Trailer-Wheels.com
            www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

THANKS!! Still working on it...I am a HACK at coding but doing my best!!

BP

Comment

Working...
              X