Add a Holiday Theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a Holiday Theme?

Hello, I want to spruce up my website with some holiday cheer but not sure what to do with it. I was hoping someone would have some suggestions
    thanks
    Kathleen
    www.bikerbabesleathers.com
    www.theleatheroutpost.com
    Please "like" us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

Decorating

How about replacing the Home page leather jacket with text and putting in a "biker" holiday scene --> Tree with a Harley, boots, etc.? I'd like to find a new Harley under my tree - cobalt blue Road King! I could use some new riding boots too! OK Santa, you heard it here first! Really, that looks like your best place to do something easily. I thought of Go_Live's snowflake script, but your colors wouldn't work well with it.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
      How about replacing the Home page leather jacket with text and putting in a "biker" holiday scene --> Tree with a Harley, boots, etc.? I'd like to find a new Harley under my tree - cobalt blue Road King! I could use some new riding boots too! OK Santa, you heard it here first! Really, that looks like your best place to do something easily. I thought of Go_Live's snowflake script, but your colors wouldn't work well with it.
      Good idea celebra1! I forgot about the snow flakes falling but I always felt it makes a site to busy
      Kathleen

Comment

Christmas 4 Bikers

Yes, the snowflakes look great on some sites, distracting on others. My site has enough going on with the new carousel slider. I'm going to skip any more decorating! I think that center spot will work for you the best. It will draw the eye there to check out what's under the tree. Choosing the "right" image is important. Remember, less is more --> soft sell, subliminal.
        Last edited by celebra1; 11-10-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Celebra1

Thanks for the kudos on the falling flakes.
          No one here knows me for the flakes. My header has been relocated to the frame so I did put the scrip in my global header so I can turn it on with a click at Christmas. Then I just replace my logo through ftp with the x-mas one with the same name. Makes for a easy transition. As a bonus the flakes stop while in checkout and color and size can be easily changed.

But shouldn't we shoot the Turkey before we hang the bells?

Been Working hard with the media for Black Friday.

Celebra1 go ahead and share the script if you want. Maybe you can get some custom work out of it. 4th quarter sales can be lots of fun.

Let me know if you need any help.

Warmly,
          Clayton
          Last edited by Go Live; 11-11-2011, 08:53 PM.
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

Snowflakes

Go_Live, thank you for your kind words. I am open to designing for others, as you know, and have experience.

The snowflakes slowly falling over the page is somewhat mesmerizing. I will have to look up the code and see if I still have it here or on PS. Some may find it an interesting effect visually, as well as keep visitors on the site longer. The code has some fun modifications possible too, like changing the * to $ for a sale!

Yes, we must "shoot the turkey" first. As you alluded to, we should be prepared to flip the switch the Friday after T-Day.

Comment

Good Morning Celebra1

I'll send you the Photoshop tool that I created to match the flakes to ones site colors making this truly a custom install. The tool works great with any color picker. I like to lean toward a slightly lighter grey version of picked colors.

The code also works just fine in default. But the custom install makes it truly special.

I like your innovation on using a specific listing page with the $ sign.
              The ability to use symbols in place of gif images has made this code very secure to use. It's always most interesting to collaborate with you.

Have fun!
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Sounds great if it can be modified. Im looking forward to seeing what celebra! can come up with!
                Kathleen

Comment

Working...
                X