Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you guys think?

    For a new store that carries nothing but hats? Having a lot of abandoned carts and wanted to see if anyone had any helpful tips.

  • #2
    Originally posted by AllCrowns View Post
    For a new store that carries nothing but hats? Having a lot of abandoned carts and wanted to see if anyone had any helpful tips.

    Check if abandoned carts are from actual shoppers or spiders. You can block spiders from adding to cart via ip blocking or Robots.txt.

    If they are actual shoppers, they usually add to cart to see final price with shipping taxes discounts... etc. Some times they continue shopping elsewhere if they find a better deal or comes back and completes the order at a later time/date.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the input

      Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
      Check if abandoned carts are from actual shoppers or spiders. You can block spiders from adding to cart via ip blocking or Robots.txt.

      If they are actual shoppers, they usually add to cart to see final price with shipping taxes discounts... etc. Some times they continue shopping elsewhere if they find a better deal or comes back and completes the order at a later time/date.
      Thanks... we had a monster sale and many people went as far as leaving all their info and then they just leave. I wasn't sure if it was something with the cart so I bought something and I couldnt see anything, just wanted some feedback to see if there is something wrong before we threw another sale

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AllCrowns View Post
        ... so I bought something and I couldnt see anything...
        If you already went thru the checkout it will not show in the abandoned carts.
        it will be in your completed section.

        Originally posted by AllCrowns View Post
        we had a monster sale and many people went as far as leaving all their info and then they just leave
        There is process in 3DCart that will contact the customer if they left their email address and remind them of the sale that is waiting for them. You can modify it to get information from the customer if they are willing to.
        Settings>General>store settings | Enable Not Completed Orders Emails
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

        Comment


        • #5
          You might want to look into 3dcart partner Listrak on the Appstore 3dcart Ecommerce App Store . Most probably it is too rich for your taste, I know we can't justify the expense, however they have some good ideas that can be implemented manually. They had a seminar with 3dcart that was very insightful, probably it is available to watch on Youtube.
          We send followup e-mails six hours after abandonment. Problem most abandoned carts do not have attached e-mails.
          Look on the bottom for errors that customers are experiencing, we caught many problems including some shipping setup errors.

          Comment

          Working...
          X