Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

easier way to SEE category id without guessing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easier way to SEE category id without guessing?

Well, it's become painfully obvious that unless you want to stick with the boring default designs, you have to resign yourself to building a more static frame.html and category_x set of files... manually placing the links to categories (main buttons).... since CATEGORY doesn't work in category_x files and there is no way to control the selected state of the main navigation at the frame level...

sigh.

so, since I am under a very short deadline and there's no guide to possible solutions (making main navs and subnavs appear selected or stay on the screen)... I am wondering...

is there ANY way to immediately see the category id of a category without manually keeping track or guessing? I'm looking on products>categories and it seems dead obvious that the categoryID *could* be displayed, but isn't.

Anyone?

:(

Originally posted by syncbox View Post
    is there ANY way to immediately see the category id of a category without manually keeping track or guessing? I'm looking on products>categories and it seems dead obvious that the categoryID *could* be displayed, but isn't.

Anyone?

:(
    nevermind... I see the id in the url from the products>category>options page

but how hard would it be to display that on the main page?

Comment

You can also click on the link of the category (When you go to the options of that category, you can see the link on the very top of the page), or, use this page:

[yourstoreurl]/category_index.asp
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
        You can also click on the link of the category (When you go to the options of that category, you can see the link on the very top of the page), or, use this page:

[yourstoreurl]/category_index.asp
        well, that presumes you are using your default templates... and have a link to click... however, given that I've been advised (and am now going that direction) to put static "sub-category" menus into the files... that doesn't work.

but like I said, I did figure out how to do it from the Admin pages.

Comment

No, i meant on the admin panel,

Products->Categories

Click options on a category

On the very top, it has the category name, and its underlined, click on it, that will take you to the category.

Although the easiest way would probably be using the sitemap page.
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
            No, i meant on the admin panel,

Products->Categories

Click options on a category

On the very top, it has the category name, and its underlined, click on it, that will take you to the category.

Although the easiest way would probably be using the sitemap page.
            that's exactly what I said I did on the second post (nevermind...).

Comment

Working...
            X