New site revision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site revision

We just did a major revision of our home page. Any feedback is welcomed. We spent a lot of time with navigation to make it easier for customers. Also spent a lot of time with options pages.

Energy Auditing and HVAC Test Instruments | TruTech Tools | Testo Fluke Retrotec Flir Blower Doors Thermal Imager Sales

Looks good to me. I like the color scheme and it is very easy on the eyes.
    A few comments:
    1.When I click on A/C & Refrigeration in the left menu, the submenu opens but closes very quick. I could not keep it open long enough to read the sub categories.
    2. The Godaddy secure logo is too much in the top banner. distracting at the least. Typical location is the bottom. If you have to have it at the top, at least get the Flash-less version.
    3. get in the featured items template and fix the height of the item displays so all the "add to Cart" images line up no matter how tall the product images, or how much text is in the name. probably you'll need to do the same for the category pages.
    4. do #3 for the subcategory pages. Line everything up. It looks very confusing when everything is Helter Skelter. I would rather have more white space and have everything lined up.

Comment

elightbox,
      What browser are you using? The subs should drop down on a single click and close on a single click. Also what is your screen resolution? The products do align for me. I may have a bug we need to fix.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

I saw another post of yours in a different thread where you mentioned "Click on the arrow on the right". That works.
        However, I am on web sites all day long and did not figure that one out without seeing your post. I doubt if many other people would. The tendency is to click on the Big button, not the tiny arrow. Typically these arrows just mean that there is a submenu when you click on the big button.

Comment

The big button takes you the same place, it just goes to a category page instead of the list. We will see how it works. I have a lot of sub categories though and I wanted a better way to manage them.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

I have seen it where the subcategory menu drop down stays open after clicking on the big button. It could be a setting in your menu generator.

You might also want to look into a fly-out menu. Some of 3dcart's free templates have a dynamic flyout menu that you can get the code from. There is a post by 3dcartHenry about which ones, or support might be able to tell you.

Comment

I like the colors, layout etc. But like the others am having trouble with your side navigation.
              (¯`v´¯)
              `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
              (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
              * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
              www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
              www.Trailer-Wheels.com
              www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Working...
              X