New 3dcart Template Design Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 3dcart Template Design Site

Well its time to test the waters and get some opinions with a sneak peek. I am getting extremely anxious to start offering our templates to the public. I have listed a few templates in the Frame Templates category primarily as place holders while we finish adding the content to the other pages.

I would greatly appreciate opinions on the overall design of our site. Since it is 3dcart based I am hoping that the flow of the site is smooth yet unique, especially for the 3dcart users. Plus we want to put a bit of a "3D" aspect within our "3D"cart.

Check it out!

3dcart Designs
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Welcome.

I guess the obvious question that a lot of people will want to know - what do your templates look like under the hood? A lot of people are clambering for templates that do not rely on dozens of nested <tables> like the built in templates do, and for some that rely instead of valid HTML and CSS.

Comment

cbsteven,

The primary starting set of templates that will be available are html/css with the tables being reduced as much as possible while still retaining the use of the 3dcart knowledge base for 3dcart user references.

When we start offering full css templates we will also want to have supporting "design change how to" documentation for the customer that wishes to use a full css template.

One of the difficult parts of compliance within a cart system is that the makeup will usually show errors from the 3dcart platform itself.

For example:

An error will be shown as "general entity "catid" not defined and no default entity" in reference to a string that includes [catid]

or errors within the meta tag setup through 3dcart.

These are sometimes avoidable but only through the end user especially if they are using the "Meta Tag Generator".

Currently we want the 3dcart functionality of the templates to be of the highest standards so that all of the 3dcart design functions like "Drag N Drop" can even be used by beginners with the current 3dcart references.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks!
      TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Anybody have any thoughts on the design of the site itself? I would love to hear some opinions.

Thanks!
        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post
          Anybody have any thoughts on the design of the site itself? I would love to hear some opinions.

Thanks!
          O.K. A number of us here at the gallery took a look at it. Comments came in all flavors but the overriding feeling was that it sure shouted at us. No one could quite decipher what the scrolling screen was representing. A big screen T.V. ? A monitor? Whatever it winds up looking like you may want to slow down the slide show a little. Just seemed fast.

Not OUR favorite colors but that's really subjective.

Just please make it simple to follow.

All the best to you in your efforts!
          The Gang at The G1 Gallery ....

Comment

Thanks for your input!... The slider design is actually in as a place holder for the final slideshow currently being finished and even when finished will still only represent a slideshow. I would rather put more effort in the products for 3dcart customers than making our slideshow look like something that it is not... Although I have done plenty of that in the past...LOL. So all of what you are commenting on will actually be gone before opening. Sorry I should have mentioned that initially.

Do you have any thoughts on the site outside of the home page? There are a lot of "Coming Soon" pages still up but my primary interest for opinions would be the Category Page and Product Listings. 3dcart Templates

Thanks Again!!
            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for your input!... The slider design is actually in as a place holder for the final slideshow currently being finished and even when finished will still only represent a slideshow. I would rather put more effort in the products for 3dcart customers than making our slideshow look like something that it is not... Although I have done plenty of that in the past...LOL. So all of what you are commenting on will actually be gone before opening. Sorry I should have mentioned that initially.

Do you have any thoughts on the site outside of the home page? There are a lot of "Coming Soon" pages still up but my primary interest for opinions would be the Category Page and Product Listings. 3dcart Templates

Thanks Again!!
              We did look at the templates page. The template offerings themselves were nice. Only suggestion is that you have three "menu" sections and personally I found my eye wandering around - a lot. There's nothing wrong with duplicate menu entries but perhaps you could limit to just two not three. Maybe those hanging triangles could go or morph.

Keep in mind that our tastes are going to be different than the intent of your site by virtue of the nature of our businesses. Just wanted to pop in and give our two cents since no one else was. This is an important project and I know you want to get it right.

Again, all the best to you in your efforts - Please keep it simple....
              The Gang at The G1 Gallery
              Last edited by g1gallery; 01-21-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I would greatly appreciate opinions on the overall design of our site.
                I have an observation about the logo, which I really like by the way. The silver cart square is sitting "infront" of the 3d and design squares... The shadow that the silver cart square casts needs to be a little bit more offset and more diffuse, to show its farther away from the surface of the page... as a result of it being closer to the eye, your highlight over the top of it also needs to move up (i think) in relation to the highlight on the 3d and design squares.

-David

Comment

I really like the design of the site. It's very easy to navigate, the presentation is excellent...I really don't have a critique. It's clean and fast.

The templates look nice, but not a lot different than what 3dCart offers. I'll be interested to see more once the site is updated, so keep us posted.

Best of luck.

Edit: PS - this is one of my favorite 3dCart sites and is designed in CSS and HTML - no tables.
                  Welcome to New Mexico Tea Company - Albuquerque's Premier Shop for Fine Loose Leaf Tea
                  Last edited by tclifesafety; 01-23-2012, 09:37 AM. Reason: Add site details
                  Chris
                  TC Life Safety
                  TC Wireless

Comment

I think it's great. I like the colors, I like the layout, it's clean but looks professional. I think you did an awesome job. New 3d customers will have such great templates to choose from!
                    (¯`v´¯)
                    `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
                    * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
                    www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
                    www.Trailer-Wheels.com
                    www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Thanks!
                      IMHO, the whole site is over designed. Looks like it was designed by someone who just discovered new features in their graphics program, or learned some new html/css coding and decided to throw in everything including the kitchen sink. Maybe that was your mandate with getting the "3d" in the design, but it just way too much. I personally prefer the clean, simplicity of your current site. If I had seen this site when I was first looking for a cart provider I may have dismissed it in 10 seconds.

I chose 3dCart for it's features and technology, but I also had to make sure that I was going to be able to make my site look the way I wanted it to without jumping through a lot of unnecessary hoops and/or that if it was going to be necessary for me to sub out some design work to you, that it wouldn't look like design circa web 1.0.

As far as upcoming templates, I would like to see one template for designers/developers, that is just the base coding with css built so that it would not be necessary to strip out all of the graphics, background colors, etc. of the current template before implementing our own designs.

Comment

Thanks.... I think...LOL.

In all seriousness the honesty is much appreciated. The difficult part is that the design is open to interpretation. Some love it, some don't and unfortunately you can't please everybody especially when it comes to design. A tad far from circa web 1.0 though....haha.

A stripped down html/css template was actually on my list of "to do" but it has fallen behind the design of a user friendly full CSS format template which is top of the list currently.

Thank You!
                        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X