New Site Almost Ready - www.FineWeddingFavors.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Almost Ready - www.FineWeddingFavors.com

Alright guys, I've been working hard on my 100% custom, CSS (NO TABLES!) layout. I'm about 80% or so complete and ready for some feedback.

Check out the site at Fine Wedding Favors and Wedding Decorations and let me know your thoughts!

Building a 100% table-less layout in 3dcart is nearly impossible because 3dcart literally injects table tags in to certain parts of the code as it builds pages, however thru some slick use of jQuery I've been able to overcome that limitation.

Something else that 3dcart doesn't do natively is show/hide product options based on the user making a choice. So check out all my product pages and you'll notice the option to add personalized tags or not, click yes or no to show/hide the options. That took A LOT of time to get working, it's not complete yet and I know it can act a little goofy but it's on the list to fix up.

Also take a look at the shopping basket page as well as the checkout page, the checkout page has a bit of work to finish up on but it's nearly there.

Also click on the 'show details' links in the coupon/free shipping banner to check out the light boxes :)

Thanks guys! Looking forward to feedback!

That's a very nice site. Very impressed with what you did. Couldnt find anything wrong except the 5% off link at the top should be removed as the sale is expired according to the information.

Comment

Very good job. And yes it is nearly impossible...lol. Unfortunately I know that there are areas that will require you to use at least a table or two for 3dcart to render some of the automatically generated content. But I can't hold that against the 100% CSS...lol.

Is that the Plum Form you are using in the prod listing and contact?.... Used it on a few of my projects and I absolutely love it.

Just a thought so that you are aware of it. I did a call to options in a prod page in fairly the same manner and had to ditch it because people would miss the button (function call) to activate and show options. The client ended up getting more complaints about not seeing the options or questions like (Where do I add my options). Its cool, but you need to put something in that draws more attention to the (Yes or No) selection that calls the script to show otherwise it will get missed as well.

Great (and very tedious) job. Keep it up!

Just noticed as well, that you should look at changing the css for the sub cats in the drop down. Doesn't really jive with the rest of the design.
      Last edited by thecartdesigner; 03-30-2012, 09:38 AM.
      TheCartDesigner.com
      Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
      100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by chillware View Post

Something else that 3dcart doesn't do natively is show/hide product options based on the user making a choice. So check out all my product pages and you'll notice the option to add personalized tags or not, click yes or no to show/hide the options. That took A LOT of time to get working, it's not complete yet and I know it can act a little goofy but it's on the list to fix up.
        You probably know that if you click the "yes" button again it hides the options?

I am curious how you did this... is it fully implemented, as in you can change all the options in the back end and it will update, or did you have to create something so specific that its not flexible?

I did something similar on my page. Example You can click the question mark next to Amount. It pulls text from the "info" part of a product option... however You cant have more then one option with "info" in it, or the whole thing breaks!

Great job, it has also been my goal to not use any tables.
        Last edited by NMTEACO; 03-30-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Looks really nice.
          Few quick functionality things:
          - Quick Search is not working. Usually it is caused by a Jquery conflict.
          -The coupon Box on the Shopping Cart is also used for Gift Cards. Probably this should be noted.
          -I did not find a link to get back to the shopping cart from the Checkout page.

Comment

Working...
          X