Problems with IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with IE

I've viewed our website in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and it looks fine. However when viewing it in IE the "Top Bar" is at least 4x the size it should be. The section is also supposed to have following code in it.

Code:
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <p>Follow Us</p>
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_32x32_style addthis_default_style">
    <a class="addthis_button_facebook_follow" addthis:userid="1upCollectible"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_twitter_follow" addthis:userid="1upCollectibles"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_google_follow" addthis:userid="u/0/b/115194894653025314481/"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_youtube_follow" addthis:userid="1upCollectibles"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_pinterest_follow" addthis:userid="1upCollectibles"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_foursquare_follow" addthis:userid="1upcollectibles"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_tumblr_follow" addthis:userid="1upCollectibles"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-4f9f6926434313b4"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->
    Can anyone tell me why this is occurring?

Unfortunately this is really hard to diagnose without being able to edit your site and test things. Most browsers like Firefox or Chrome let a visitor change code on the fly and see what changes will look like, but IE has no such thing that I know of.

This probably isn't what you want to hear but the problem probably comes from one of the many validation errors on your site. If you use The W3C Markup Validation Service and enter your shop's URL you will see that the page has 130 errors and 38 warnings.

This isn't necessarily bad as a lot of professional sites have errors because sometimes you have to do things outside of the HTML spec, but generally it is best to reduce the errors as much as possible.

Comment

I dont know if this helps or not, but this is the error I get when I view your page in IE:
      Attached Files

Comment

Observation

It appears that the area surrounding the addthis code is within a table, but the <td> </td> tags were omitted that should surround the code. There are tables within tables within tables in that area. All have padding built-in. It appears you also have a <td> below your search box with 45px of padding. Check those areas. It would greatly simplify things to have ONE table for that row.

Comment

Working...
        X