Remove left n right bar after i press on any manufacturer/brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove left n right bar after i press on any manufacturer/brand

Hi all. i was wondering where can i hide the left n right bar after i press on any manufacturer/brand link? like this page: Ka-Bar
    Where do i go in the titles to hide it?

Support told me this: Unfortunately there is no way of removing the left and right banner from the manufacturer pages, typically those pages are found with search_groups.html however this can be done through customization of your store.

Any ideas how can i do ti.?

Thanks

Any help will be great

Comment

Can you give some more detail? Your question is a little bit confusing.

Comment

Well. As you know we can hide the Left and Right blocks if we want to BUT If i click on one of my manufacturer link in the Home page left block then i get to the results page by that manufacturer....In that results page i want to remove the Left and Right blocks and i cant do it i guess.

Support told me this: Unfortunately there is no way of removing the left and right banner from the manufacturer pages, typically those pages are found with search_groups.html however this can be done through customization of your store.

Comment

I think the only way you could do it would be with javascript. You could make a script load from your brand pages template file that will hide the elements of the left/ride side bar. This page will give you some info:
          Show / Hide Elements with JavaScript — Universal Web Services

But it is only a solution if you are familiar with HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

Also, it won't make the part in the middle expand, it will just chop off the left and right blocks

Comment

I had the same issue and I fixed it by duplicating the frame.html.
            This method also works for people who have Javascript disabled, or dont have js knowledge.

Requires a little HTML knowledge.

1) duplicate frame.html and rename to frame_1.html
            2) Open frame_1.html and delete the left menu codeblocks you dont need
            3) Apply the new template to the items, categories or subcategories that you do not want a left menu on.
            4) refresh your page and if needed empty your cache to view results.

Hope this helps.
            - Peace
            www.ifilters.net

Comment

go to settings-titles and content- choose your page that you want to remove the sidebar-click edit-check hide right sidebar or hide left sidebar then click save
              (¯`v´¯)
              `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
              (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
              * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
              www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
              www.Trailer-Wheels.com
              www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by MissHTML View Post
                go to settings-titles and content- choose your page that you want to remove the sidebar-click edit-check hide right sidebar or hide left sidebar then click save

Pshh. I suppose if you want to do it the RIGHT way. :D

Comment

Originally posted by MissHTML View Post
                  Manufacturer page is not available in settings/titles and content.

Cannot change the frame for this page either (frame limitations discussed at length in this thread: http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...late-file.html with search_group.html in particular mentioned at this post: 3dCart Shopping Cart Software Forums - View Single Post - How to choose a different frame template file?)

Good ideas, and should be possible, but won't work.

That page, for some reason, is just beyond reach.

Here's a workaround: You can bag the 3dcart manufacturer pages and create your own manufacturer pages as Categories. Use smart search to populate the category with keyword (manufacturer's name) and then turn off/on right and left columns at will (advanced tab). Your manufacturer drop-down will still go to the standard manufacturer pages, so you would need to turn that off in store settings. If you really want a manufacturer drop-down, you will have to hard-code your own drop-down list in your frame file. (we made one on our site for browsing by size Replacement Watch Band | Leather, Rubber & Metal bands | European & American)
                  Last edited by mimib; 05-31-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I want to accomplish the same thing, but I want to remove the right bar from a few site content pages. Someone mentioned duplicating the frame.html file and renaming it, but I don't see how to do that. If you go to Settings>Design>Template Editor you just get a list of all those files. There's no option to make any new ones.

Comment

This may require accessing your site through FTP. The Support site has instructions on how to do that.

Originally posted by Silven View Post
                      I want to accomplish the same thing, but I want to remove the right bar from a few site content pages. Someone mentioned duplicating the frame.html file and renaming it, but I don't see how to do that. If you go to Settings>Design>Template Editor you just get a list of all those files. There's no option to make any new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Silven View Post
                        You can download the frame file via ftp then rename it and upload it back to the server via ftp.
                        (¯`v´¯)
                        `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                        (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
                        * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
                        www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
                        www.Trailer-Wheels.com
                        www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by user001 View Post
                          I had the same issue and I fixed it by duplicating the frame.html.
                          This method also works for people who have Javascript disabled, or dont have js knowledge.

Requires a little HTML knowledge.

1) duplicate frame.html and rename to frame_1.html
                          2) Open frame_1.html and delete the left menu codeblocks you dont need
                          3) Apply the new template to the items, categories or subcategories that you do not want a left menu on.
                          4) refresh your page and if needed empty your cache to view results.

Hope this helps.
                          I'm a little puzzled about step 3. Where do you go to apply a template to only specific items, categories or subcategories? I know that I have listing templates and category templates to choose from but where do i choose different frame templates on a particular product or category?

Comment

Originally posted by bzeltzer View Post
                            I'm a little puzzled about step 3. Where do you go to apply a template to only specific items, categories or subcategories? I know that I have listing templates and category templates to choose from but where do i choose different frame templates on a particular product or category?
                            I didnt want my home page to have any side menus so this is what I did.
                            Make sure you have your new frame_1.html page uploaded and ready with the modifications you want.

1) Go to: Settings > Design > Site Content
                            2) Click on Home "Content" button
                            3) Under Frame Template change the dropdown to "Style 1"
                            4) Clear your cache in the admin section and refresh your home page
                            5) Done

Note: all the templates (List, Categories, etc) are listed defferent in the drop-downs, eg. frame_0.html will display as Style 0 or "Default Frame" and frame_1.html will display as "Style 1".
                            - Peace
                            www.ifilters.net

Comment

Just post this code at the top of the search_group.html template

HTML Code:
                              <style type="text/css">

#column2 {display: none; }
                              #column1 {display: none;}

</style>
                              ***Column2 hides right column
                              ***Column1 hides left column

Comment

Working...
                              X