Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codeblocks for Subcategories?

Hello,

I'm trying to set up the left nav, which classically only allows it to go one subcategory deep, to allow more. I've used the 3dcart reference guide for codeblocks, but it lacks in explaining what exactly they all do.

I noticed that the category index page goes deeper down the subcategories using <!--start: category_levelX-->, but it will not work when I have it in the frame.

Has anyone successfully used more than one subcategory for a left nav flyout?

Thanks

I'm also looking to do this. Is this possible? Did you find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by bzeltzer View Post
      I'm also looking to do this. Is this possible? Did you find a solution?
      I have not found a solution yet, but 3DCart graciously offered their web-design services instead of giving me any information on codeblocks.

If their technical support can't give information on basic features like the codeblocks they want us to utilize, then where do I get it?

Comment

Sorry I responded to the wrong thread, I meant to put my response here (http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...html#post24422) witch you might also find helpful.

Have you tried using CSS and the Subcategory Codeblock? Take a look at post I linked to, even though its for a dropdown menu the HTML is the same just change some CSS.
        Last edited by user001; 06-27-2012, 11:39 AM.
        - Peace
        www.ifilters.net

Comment

Originally posted by user001 View Post
          Sorry I responded to the wrong thread, I meant to put my response here (http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...html#post24422) witch you might also find helpful.

Have you tried using CSS and the Subcategory Codeblock? Take a look at post I linked to, even though its for a dropdown menu the HTML is the same just change some CSS.
          I should clarify my original post a bit more!

I've already set it up so that it flies out one SUBcategory. So I do have two levels of categories on the left nav. What I want to do is add more than two.

CAT
          -SUBCAT
          --SUBSUBCAT
          ---SUBSUBSUBCAT

etc

It's obviously feasible to do SOMETHING with it, considering that the category index page seems to list more than two levels of categories.

Any ideas?

Comment

Even when there is no limit on the number of categories or subcategories you can create on 3dcart, the left navigation menu is limited to 2 levels, so it would only display the main category and the first level of subcategories.

The dropdown menu we offer as an addon, which is a separate installation, does
            go into multiple levels of subcategories. You can check the details at,
            eCommerce Dynamic Drop-Down Menus

Let me know if that type of menu would work for what you're trying to do.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by CPR Savers View Post
              I should clarify my original post a bit more!

I've already set it up so that it flies out one SUBcategory. So I do have two levels of categories on the left nav. What I want to do is add more than two.

CAT
              -SUBCAT
              --SUBSUBCAT
              ---SUBSUBSUBCAT

etc

It's obviously feasible to do SOMETHING with it, considering that the category index page seems to list more than two levels of categories.

Any ideas?
              Sorry CPR I didnt read your post correctly.

It seems that everything 3dCart does they charge, even though it is listed as a feature that it comes with. I personally have a BIG issue with this.

If they offer a paid solution this means that it can be done by someone for free. Ill look into it and see what I can find.
              - Peace
              www.ifilters.net

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
                Even when there is no limit on the number of categories or subcategories you can create on 3dcart, the left navigation menu is limited to 2 levels, so it would only display the main category and the first level of subcategories.

The dropdown menu we offer as an addon, which is a separate installation, does
                go into multiple levels of subcategories. You can check the details at,
                eCommerce Dynamic Drop-Down Menus

Let me know if that type of menu would work for what you're trying to do.

Jimmy Rodriguez
                Hi Jimmy

If this is not possible with side menus how would we go about creating a top menu. Any help would be great.

Thank you.
                - Peace
                www.ifilters.net

Comment

I can't find this on User Voice. I've been arguing with 3dCart reps this afternoon because we were told this was possible and "no big deal". I've spent countless hours crafting three levels of subcategories and now that our site's live, none of them are showing up.

Comment

Working...
                  X