2 sites sharing inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sites sharing inventory

Is there anyway for two or more stores on the 3D platform to "share" inventory?

ie, I have 100 widgets but instead of putting 50 on each site, put 100 on each site but inventory is deducted from each sites total regardless of which site the customer buys from.

99.8% sure this isnt possible but never hurts to ask.

It's not possible with 3dcart as is. I've talked with them before and a custom integration would start at least $5k. We may end up going that route, so who knows.

You can also use a third party software to sync inventory and it would be a lot less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
      It's not possible with 3dcart as is. I've talked with them before and a custom integration would start at least $5k. We may end up going that route, so who knows.

You can also use a third party software to sync inventory and it would be a lot less expensive.
      Thank you. I had a feeling it wasnt possible. A cart I had a few years ago had this feature but I havent seen it elsewhere.

Any recommendations on software that could sync inventory between the two sites?

Comment

Stone Edge Order Manager will do the job. You can keep as many 3dcart stores in synch as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
          Is there anyway for two or more stores on the 3D platform to "share" inventory?

ie, I have 100 widgets but instead of putting 50 on each site, put 100 on each site but inventory is deducted from each sites total regardless of which site the customer buys from.

99.8% sure this isnt possible but never hurts to ask.
          Yes, it's possible with a Multiple Store Sync add-on we offer. This would only sync STOCK for products and advanced options, so it won't really add new products or change prices, but the stock will always be the same between the site you set as master and any child sites associated to it.

There is a monthly fee associated to this service. You can contact our sales department for details.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Jimmy, you need to let us know about all the secret options. I've found out about 3 that greatly benefit us through other customers, third parties, and the forums. Do you have a list of ALL of them?

Comment

Jimmy, you need to let us know about all the secret options. I've found out about 3 that greatly benefit us through other customers, third parties, and the forums. Do you have a list of ALL of them?
              I agree. I've search all over the app store and do not see the multiple store sync app. How many other apps are available but are hidden???

Why have an app if its not on the app store??

Edit: I dont even see a way to search the app store (I was going to search "inventory" in hopes of finding it)

Edit Part 2: There isnt anything about it in the Knowledge Base either. Have a feeling its not available anymore.
              Last edited by rburton34; 07-11-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

We have a couple add-ons like the Inventory Sync that are not on the App Store. I can definitely work on the content to add these there. But if you're interested I can definitely mention the common ones here.

These are specific features that not everybody needs, require manual setup and would add complexity if added to the 3dcart application, since just a couple users actually needs it.

Jimmy

Comment

Jimmy, the ones I've learned about I wish I would have known of earlier. Just talked to sales today and yes, this one is still available, along with a few others we're adding.

Comment

Some of them are taken right off of Uservoice and instead of being made standard they are additional charges.

I discovered this when inquiring about having a fixed shipping charge for a product. Turns out they took Set shipping price/method PER product and made it into a for-fee app..

Best thing to do is contact support each time you have something and they'll let you know if it's an app.

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                    I agree. I've search all over the app store and do not see the multiple store sync app. How many other apps are available but are hidden???

Why have an app if its not on the app store??

Edit: I dont even see a way to search the app store (I was going to search "inventory" in hopes of finding it)

Edit Part 2: There isnt anything about it in the Knowledge Base either. Have a feeling its not available anymore.
                    Last edited by Evolution; 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Jimmy, the ones I've learned about I wish I would have known of earlier. Just talked to sales today and yes, this one is still available, along with a few others we're adding.
                      These are the top ones that we offer as custom development. Like I mentioned, this require to be manually set on your sites, so it could take a couple days to get these enabled.

- Multiple Store Inventory Synchronization
                      - Freight Carriers: SAIA, ECHO Freight, LTL and Freightquote
                      - Multiple Distributors Per Product for Shipping Origin based on state.
                      - Restricted Shipping Per Product (allows to exclude specific shipping methods from some products).
                      - Dynamic Featured Categories on Home Page.
                      - Dynamic Featured Products grouped by categories on Home Page.
                      - Product page Square Foot Calculator for quantity (really specific to flooring products).
                      - DrillDown navigation (set of dropdowns that drill down from main category to subcategories).
                      - QuickOrder (enter SKUs and quantities to place order).
                      - Parent-Child Options relationships.

That's all I got,, but if you need something and you don't see it, just ask. If you have questions about any of those, just send me a PM or email me, I'll be glad to help.

Jimmy

Comment

Any chance of getting a true (for me needs anyway:)) multiple store inventory setup? E.G. We need one set of inventory on a 3d admin page that works on multiple sites.

Also, is there a price list for the features you list?

Some sound interesting @ $100, but not $1000 if you know what i mean. :)

Thanks,

DaveW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
                          Any chance of getting a true (for me needs anyway:)) multiple store inventory setup? E.G. We need one set of inventory on a 3d admin page that works on multiple sites.
                          If all you need is STOCK to be sync, then the addon would work, so you still need to create the items and maintain product info on each site. If you need to sync descriptions, name, prices, etc. Then you'll need an Order Management system, I believe you should be able to do it with Stone Edge or similar.

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
                          Also, is there a price list for the features you list?
                          Some sound interesting @ $100, but not $1000 if you know what i mean. :)
                          Our sales guys have the current prices for these. If you're interested in any of these in particular, just email me and I'll help you getting some "preferred customer" discount.

Jimmy

Comment

No, I need to products themselves to be shared. We do have StoneEdge but it won't synch everything.

Thanks for the answers.

DaveW

Comment

Jimmy, thanks for the list!

DaveW, inventory syncing is the only option with 3dcart right now. I've been told if we can drum up enough interest, through uservoice, a fully shared database, and shared cart checkout could be a possibility. I think there is already a suggestion for it there, but I'm going to look and see if I can get some more votes.

Comment

Working...
                              X