Multiple Navigation Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Navigation Blocks

Is it possible to call the main navigation block inside the frame.html page twice?

I'm looking to repeat the main navigation on the header and footer of the site for ease of use -- but, it appears once I declare the code block in the site header, the footer links will not render anything.

Am I missing something? or, is there another way to approach this?

header & footer
    <!--START: menuitems_view-->
    <!--START: TOP_LINK_FORMAT-->
    <li><a href="infopage.asp?page=[link_id]">[link_name]</a></li>
    <!--END: menuitems_view-->
    <!--END: TOP_LINK_FORMAT-->

not sure if you can call it twice, but you need to make sure to close one tag before you close the other.

should be

the comment tags envelope each other.

Comment

Good eye -- thanks for the tweak. That edit alone didn't resolve my footer issue, so I'm left wondering if it's possible. hhhmmm.

Comment

In general, blocks can only be used once per page (unless it is a block specifically designed to repeat).
        You can probably find a workaround, but I assume it would involve using a different block and copying the content over.

Comment

i know you can repeat pagination on the category and search result pages to do what you are trying to do.. but i doubt nav will play the same way. if you try it and it doesn't work, take it as a sign. Depending on how often you change your links (which for most sites is rarely) just hardcode it into your frame.

Comment

Working...
          X