Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vswebdesign
    replied
    Thanks for the thoughts. We're going to go ahead and leave it data driven. The ability to easily maintain this particular set of information is more important than the SEO-ness. I'll just make sure the main page is as SEO friendly as possible.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    But that solution wouldn't be any more SEO-friendly than an <iframe>, I think. So if they have an iframe-based solution already set up..

Leave a comment:

• NMTEACO
    replied
    Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
    Hi all,

I have a small conundrum. I'm setting up a store for a client and they have some data like retail locations and shows and events that we need to put in the store. Given my client's level of expertise, editing tables/divs through the WSYWIG editor isn't super friendly and moving around that data will be difficult.

In their current site, they have a web admin and the data is DB driven so they can easily edit the data and then using DB and PHP, I can take that data and create the page.

So, my issue is, do I leave it DB driven and have the data displayed in an inline frame (which is not SEO friendly) or have my client's maintain it through the WSYWIG?

Or, does anyone have an alternative approach?

Thanks!
    I once wrote a little javascript code to pull text from a plain html file, and input it into my page.

You could set up a folder on the server called "store info", and then inside it have HTML files (which are really just text files) called "store1.html", "store1.html" etc. Then your template file pulls whatever the text in store1.html is and inputs it into the proper place which will then be format by css.

So all they have to do when making a change is edit a plain text document and your code will pull that. If you can figure out an easy way for them to do that, then your made.

The code might even work for .txt files, which might make your clients more comfortable then seeing the "html" on the end of the document.

Leave a comment:

• vswebdesign
    started a topic Content vs. Inline Frames

Content vs. Inline Frames

Hi all,

I have a small conundrum. I'm setting up a store for a client and they have some data like retail locations and shows and events that we need to put in the store. Given my client's level of expertise, editing tables/divs through the WSYWIG editor isn't super friendly and moving around that data will be difficult.

In their current site, they have a web admin and the data is DB driven so they can easily edit the data and then using DB and PHP, I can take that data and create the page.

So, my issue is, do I leave it DB driven and have the data displayed in an inline frame (which is not SEO friendly) or have my client's maintain it through the WSYWIG?

Or, does anyone have an alternative approach?

Thanks!
Working...
X