link one product to more then 2000 categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link one product to more then 2000 categories

I have more than 100 products and each product is compatible to more then 2000 categories.

What is the most efficient way of linking each product to about 2000 categories using bulk import.

Following are some option which i think of possibility

1.bulk uploading csv file
    Upload one proudct using csv and separate each category by @. But it can exceed limit of 35000 characters in excel and make website hang while bulk uploading csv file

2.Modify 2000 categories page (by adding each product on category page using modifying category edit page ). i may be use bulk upload the csv file for 2000 categories. i have not tried it so i am not sure how effecient is this

Please suggest the easiest way for it.

thanks in advance.
    kim

I think the CSV file will end up being your best bet. I would run a test file with one product and a few hundred categories and see how it goes. If it goes well, expand it to all 2000 categories. If that goes well, try multiple products in one file.

Comment

Considerations Regarding Relating
      1. Unless Google's requirements have changed, the last I knew was that Google expects us to keep links to under 100 links per page.
      2. Page load times will be horrendous with that many related products.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
        1. Unless Google's requirements have changed, the last I knew was that Google expects us to keep links to under 100 links per page.
        2. Page load times will be horrendous with that many related products.
        One product in thousands category will not create any related links per page.

related products are create if one category and thousand products.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
          I think the CSV file will end up being your best bet. I would run a test file with one product and a few hundred categories and see how it goes. If it goes well, expand it to all 2000 categories. If that goes well, try multiple products in one file.
          My main concern is the limit of 35000 character limit. If categories colomn exceed the limit. what is the alternate. (reason categories are separated by @ and all them have to be in same cell. If i split in multiple lines then it will only accept one line of categories)
          CORRECT?

Comment

Originally posted by myshakamin View Post
            My main concern is the limit of 35000 character limit. If categories colomn exceed the limit. what is the alternate. (reason categories are separated by @ and all them have to be in same cell. If i split in multiple lines then it will only accept one line of categories)
            CORRECT?
            Where is this 35000 character limit? Is that the limit of an excel cel length? There's no reason why you can't work around that.
            You can just use a text editor like Notepad++ to build the import file. This will require some experimentation on your part.

Comment

Working...
            X